absolutely unbelievable stupid action i witnessed today

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    i was pulling a loaded tanker up hill. i always watch my review mirrors, there was a car behind me and another tanker truck behind that car (another hauler not sure who it was). i noticed the tanker in my review mirror was edging out like he was going to pass. i was thinking, no way is he going to do that. i had just got up the hill on level ground and i was accelerating as fast as i could with a load. there is a flashing yellow at an intersection. as we approached the intersection that tanker behind me took it upon himself to pass the car behind me and my truck. a 4 wheeler had just started making the right hand turn out the intersection as this "super trucker" performed his illegal and stupid passing thru an intersection with a flashing yellow. i could not believe the sheer stupidity. the 4 wheeler was ran into the shoulder. WOW just WOW. stupidest thing i have ever seen done with a CMV, guy has a CDL and should put safety at a higher priority. this story had an OK ending but it could have been really really bad.

this is a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, posted 55 mph, i was likely going 40-45 mph while this guy performed his stupid act. i really hope he had a moment of self reflection and realizes how stupid and dangerous his action was today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Oh. You'll see much worse. Give it some time. I've seen worse actions approaching light controlled intersections.

Brickwall, Suspect Zero and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I hear ya...Out west here these knuckleheads,mostly 4 wheelers,like to "do a lazy merge in front of ya,then slow ya down 5-7 mph. Youll be chugging along great,WTF this guys slowly coming out of stopped traffic lane!

Aamcotrans and bottomdumpin Thank this.
  5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Citizens arrest should have happened.

Slim51 Thanks this.
  6. Viper 3-2

Viper 3-2 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Man, that was dangerous. Glad it didn’t turn out worse. It’s astounding the lack of common sense you see sometimes.

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Wow.

8. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Sadly, being stupid isn't an arrestable offense. If it was the cops would never have a minute of rest my Cat loving friend.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Stop! Or my mom will shoot! - Sylvester Stallone Stop! Or my mom will shoot, the movie.

Aamcotrans and IluvCATS Thank this.
  9. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    My only wish is that driver took a moment of pause when he got to his destination and realizes the stupid, idiotic folly of his actions and never has a repeat performance.

BUMBACLADWAR and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    Sadly, most stupid actions are not thought of again.
    In fact, these "meatlings," or meat with eyes, usually think they did a good thing.
    He made up 30 seconds or less, but illegal maneuver by (passing thru intersection)
    could have killed someone. Might be you next time; they drive like Mr. Magoo.
    I can just see that car making a left and getting pushed sideways 1/2 a mile.
    I get tired of shaking my head in disgust.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  11. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Report him to his company. He'll love that.

Do you have a foward facing dash cam?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Lepton1 and Klleetrucking Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.