absolutely unbelievable stupid action i witnessed today

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Mar 1, 2018.

1. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Unless you slammed on the brakes he may not be able to review it .. many only save footage when a incident occurs (hard braking etc)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    that might be true. that stupid thing flashes green/red every-time i drive on a rough farm access driveway or hit a bump. it goes off all of the time when it shouldn't lol. so how much for a personal dash cam? then i have my own record of whatever happens on the road.

one feels badly for the person that has to review the footage on those stupid cameras with it going off multiple times on the same crappy farm driveways LOL.

4. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Actually , that is called reckless endangerment , the driver can be prosecuted for it. Now days they are just looking for an excuse, more than likely if the court pushed it he would have never driven again and possibly spent time in the crowbar motel. It wasn't just running a stop sign or speeding 5 or 10 over he endangered peoples lives. In some states reckless endangerment is a felony carrying mandatory 1 year in the big house. The vehicle is considered a weapon in such instances , depends on the judge that day.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    he should have called the marshall's.

Junkyard Johnney Thanks this.
  6. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Every “drivecam” has 2 buttons on the bottom of the unit (one on each side). Those are there for situations like this. The driver can activate them himself, even if there was no event to trigger it.

magoo68 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Companies drive cams are to protect the company, go buy yourself one that records continuously so that while you are parked and away you have a eye open. google all the different types.

Paddlewagon and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Ya,All that was missing was one of them bumper stickers...Drive like Hell ..You'll get there!...What a ball washer.

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Good thoughts...but,I Doubt it.Probably went straight into "blocking the Fuel Pumps & ordering a Subway Footlong.

10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I know you're talking about your truck, but in my personal 4 wheeler I had a front face cam then the suction cup mount broke. I replaced it with a cam that has a rear view cam as well. I prefer that over just front facing because rear facing can show if someone is tailgating you, etc.

It's a separate camera that mounts to the rear window. Since it doesn't have an LCD screen its really small, about the size of dice used in gaming. Maybe a hair bigger.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. Emgee

Emgee Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Rohnert Park, CA
    "I couldn't believe it".. haha, those are words that never come to my mind anymore while I'm on the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.