AC compressor wiring help!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Marmon110P, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Mornin fellas, I've gotca 96 FLB (should be the same setup as an FLD) and my mounting bolts all sheared off on my AC compressor. I got it remounted, but then I noticed that there were 2 wires that got ripped outa somewhere. 1 is the black wire coming from the compressor and the other is a white wire that comes up from the binary switch on the receiver dryer. They are both in the same loom and came out of somewhere near the compressor, but I can't for the life of me find out where. Anybody know for sure? This is on a 3406E 5EK engine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2024
    One should be the signal wire to the clutch and the other should simply be ground, often ties to the AC mount.
    If you know the one wire comes from the binary switch I don't understand what you're asking, maybe why you can't find the ground wire?

4. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    I followed the wire up to the top of the engine where it ends. It's not connected to anything presently just like the compressor wire. I'm just trying to find out where they connect to near the compressor since that's the vicinity of where they got ripped out from

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.