Accessing Carrier 411

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by gekko1323, Nov 27, 2023.

1. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    So lately brokers have not been returning my calls. As far as I know, my Carrier 411 is clean, so I'm chalking up the anomaly to a harsh business environment. Or maybe they just refuse to work with carriers that won't take $1.95 a mile. But one always wonders, so I was just wondering if there is a way to see what is on my Carrier 411 report. Their website specifically states that they will hang up on carriers who call. Is there some sort of fee-based service that will do this, kind of like a credit reporting agency? Thanks in advance.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    I don't think I can PM you but if a mod could connect us I'm pretty sure I can help you out.

4. gekko1323

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Thank you. A friend already looked me up and he says I'm all clear. He says the only thing that could possibly hold me back is zero inspections. Are you a broker?

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Th
    Thats exactly what it is. Happened to me for a while till I got inspected. It’s in a thread on here somewhere. The 411 report actually says possible double brokering. Further reading says all info is based on artificial intelligence. That’s why some are so rude. They think you don’t have any Trucks. It showed me as only having 1 inspection in 2008. That was a In House Audit. I’ve literally had at least 70 inspections in 19 years. Passed them all but a few minor things. Their info is jaded. Sometimes Companies will over rule, if they know how it works. Most won’t. Policy is Policy. Go get an inspection. Volunteer at the Scale for a paperwork inspection. Florida gave Me a level 3. Soon after I got a couple more. Now it’s 3 passed inspections, within the 24 mos. Criteria. I explained it to the Florida Officer. Thanked him for the inspection. I refused to Volunteer, figured soon enough I’d get one. He was very nice. Told Me to just volunteer. Said a lot of Carriers do in Jan and Feb. I’m guessing they’re using it for their annual inspection. It’s allowed. Done it myself. Did have to explain once. Officer looked it up. Get inspected and within about 10 days it will show up on safer. Then everyone will give you Loads. I’ve been told a few times that they’ve been burned a lot in the last couple years. Sign of the times I guess. Good Luck.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  6. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Carrier 411 is not much different than this forum. It's basically a place where a broker can bad mouth you to other brokers. Carrier 411 will email you and tell you that someone is claiming something negative about you. In that email they put a link for you to follow so you can read what was written about you and give you a chance to tell your side of the story.

I had a broker cancel a load on me that was scheduled a couple days before. He agreed to my cancellation policy verbally and on the rate con. He refused to pay my invoice so I filed on his bond. Then he went crazy in Carrier. Some of these guys out here really don't take agreements very seriously until you force them to.

So there is no "report". It's a place brokers can warn other brokers. Just like we do here regularly but it's more streamlined and formal.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s right. The no inspections within 24 mos thing is a no notice no recourse deal. I was at a loss, sometimes they’d say “We don’t do Business with your Company” Sometimes mentioning the lack of inspections. I finally got one to look further into it. Found out about the “Artificial Intelligence “ opinion. Must be their way of avoiding recourse.

8. gekko1323

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Here's the thing...if a broker bad mouths me (unjustly and without merit), or falsely, and causes me harm, I WILL sue his arse and Carrier 411 for libel. Neither Carrier 411 nor the broker are above the law. Now, if I did do something that justifies me being reported on Carrier 411, then I'll bend over and take it like a man. It's a Big Boys' game with Big Boys' rules---for ALL parties.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  9. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Yes, I work for a 3PL. And if you don't have any freightguards the lack of inspections is 100% the issue.

10. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Concur. Might also be your CSA scores, but I don't suspect that's the case. The double brokering has gotten out of hand, and inspection/no inspection is the simplest current weedout most folks use @gekko1323.

11. gekko1323

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Well I've never had any violations. No tickets, no warnings. Nothing. But I received an email from the FMCSA about a year ago that said that CSA scores were going to be scored differently. No inspections would give you a higher score. Unfair, but it is what it is.

Rideandrepair, Siinman and Lite bug Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.