Acme Truck Line, Inc.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by gravelhauler, Jan 18, 2012.

1. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    Yep I've lived here all my life. Who do you run for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Myers well service, I drive tri-axle water truck for them, hopefully for awhile longer because the cash is there but right now were pretty slow...

4. Tire

Tire Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2011
    channelview,tx
    Can any Acme driver spill the beans on the volume of freight coming out of Houston? Thanks.

5. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    I wish I could tell you something but they've been running me up to Amarillo and Oklahoma since I've started.

6. Keep the doors shut

Keep the doors shut Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2012
    DFW,TX
    It's good to know that some of you are still working. However, those of us in Texas have not had solid work since I've been here.
    Acme may be a good company overall but they have one particular terminal that needs to be dismantled! I say this in speaking for the drivers who don't have computers and was asked to add this on their behalf. The terminal I speak of is the one in Justin, Texas #90. The person running it continues to hire new people while many experienced drivers SIT for days, and at times more than week/s. His for hire sign hanging on his fence is a slap in the face to those who work for him. Why would anyone want to work for a man who does this to the people he has hired. People go to work to make money, and with this guy working between 5 - 10 days a month does not pay the bills. The advice from everyone is do not work for this guy!!!!!! He promises the moon, and we all just don't see it in our hands......If you want to work part time and told it's a full time job then get that application and fill it out. Just don't expect after 30 days of being hired on you will work every week. That is only a dream that NEVER comes true.
    Also, go to Denton County Court Records and take a look at civil and criminal records for this guy. They are public record by the way. I don't need to put his name here, it can be found through Acme..... Terminal # 90
    Good luck everyone who is getting steady work, I can't think of one person who likes this man by the way......his word is 0!

7. Gambler6

Gambler6 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Edmond, ok
    Acme may be a good company, but not in Oklahoma. I started as a driver for one of there trucks and was constantly busy. I decided to purchase my own truck and start my own business and lease on with them. Once that happened it was down hill. I began to realize that I was competing with the terminal managers click of trucks. For example her live in boyfriends truck and the salesman who has 3 trucks leased on to the terminal. I didn't go out with there party crowd and those of us who put our families as a priority were sitting for days with out loads. I have been hung up on by the dispatcher and cussed out for not taking a run when my family needed me home. If you are looking to lease on with acme, stay away from terminal #91 in Oklahoma City. There are much better companies out there.

Keep the doors shut Thanks this.
  8. Keep the doors shut

Feb 21, 2012
    DFW,TX
    Gambler, guess all the terminals act the same. Some worse than others of course. Some of us a few months back took some trucks south, because the lazy you know what didn't get permits we were stuck for the week end. Can't make money in a motel room!!!! To add bad to worse we didn't work for another 2 weeks, and some even more than that. The terminal manager out of Justin is NOT a good person to work for!! I dont think he knows what truth is. Fortunately I found another job and I am making more then I did with them. You didn't say if you still have your truck. Get your own authority you will
    do so much better. good luck

9. Keep the doors shut

Feb 21, 2012
    DFW,TX
    Acme has a very bad safety report with the fmcsa. Going to work for them allows a driver to be a part of their bad safety history.
    Unsafe driving: 16.4 %
    Fatigued DRiving (Hours of service) 82.9 %
    Driver Fitness: 87.9 %
    Controlled substance/alcohol 50%
    Vehicle Maintenance 81.4%
    Total inspections: 4,195
    vehicle inspections 3,470 23%
    driver inspections 4,189 5%
    Hazardous Materials inspections 272 10%
    HM Placard Inspections: 258 10%
    Total crashes: 123
    Tow aways 116
    Injuries/Fatalities 53
    This is in a 12 month cycle
    This carrier exceeds the FMCSA Intervention threshold relative to its safety event grouping based upon roadside data and/or has been cited withone or more serious violations within the past 12 months during an investigation. Therefore, this carrier may be prioritized for for an intervention action and roadside inspection.
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration/data

10. KnVsMom

KnVsMom Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Cleburne, Texas
    Hey Gambler,

My boyfriend used to work for ACME & was dispatched out of Oklahoma City. Is Carly still the dispatcher? She was a real piece of work...

11. newbebob

newbebob Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2011
    dickinson tx
    i to finished orintation yesterday in houston ill be running out of texas city tx any body maken money wiyh these guys?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.