Acme truck lines

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 1nicevette, Dec 24, 2016.

1. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    can ant one give me some insight to Acme truck lines in fort Lupton co?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

Are you o/o? Do you own your own trailer?
    I ran for Acme out of there Kilgore Texas terminal for 2 yrs.Ran 4 states hauling pipe,great time.I can give my insight from Texas if you wish.

4. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Ya man give me all you have please and thank you

5. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    I am really wondering how they pay
    And where you very busy as well and if you don't mind me asking what made you leave by chance

6. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

Hello, Acme was very busy a few years ago-Now-not so much.As soon as the oilfield picks up-id jump right into Acme if you can.I ran out of the Kilgore terminal-then the Tunkhannock terminal in PA.My friends as of last week said both terminals are at 50%.Not good-Now.
    I came in as o/o.Easy transition-dot inspection then bring truck to there yard so they could see it.At the time there was a nothing over 10 yr old truck requirement.Not really-if your truck looked nice-they didnt care about age.Must have a headache rack.Pre-purchase your chains,binders n straps.Haz mat not required-but-if you have it-your available load count doubled.Not forced dispatch-but if your out of a small terminal(family atmosphere) dont turn down too many-favors work both ways.On call-24/7.Even when we were busy-i wasnt pre planned every load.Some waiting.Alot of deadheading-thats on you/truck.You pay fuel.On the average the 2 yrs i ran-i was at 2.25 a mile.Acme got 30% + trailer rental.Nice,brand new trailer,spread-i believe it was 175. a week.
    Maybe i got lucky-but it was a great company to work for-never a pay problem,never a problem calling dispatch,home office-even had my dispatchers home #.Safety man in company pick up truck at loading site-would come just to watch.They are big on safety n i thank them for that.It is a cool place to haul for-you will haul some strange pieces of equiptment.They are oil- so if oil picks up-Acme's the place to be(not knocking anyone else).You can also weasel your way into the bigger oil companies by meeting n talking to people(haliburton etc).
    You asked about CO.When you call them-tell them your a driver n your wondering if any o/o are hiring out of that terminal-----------if so-------------youll get the o/o phone #.Then you can pick his brain about how busy they are,rather then getting the word from a dispatcher.

Removed phone numbers

ADDRESS

16230 HWY 52
    FORT LUPTON, CO 80621
    Let me know what they say.

7. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    Thank you very much I'm going back and forth as to do mini float or full on tractor trailer

8. lowgear14

lowgear14 Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    I was getting ready to ask the same question. With the exception as a company driver over at the West Virginia terminal. I heard they are short of drivers. I just wanted to get more insight. The recruiters only tell you so much.

9. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Problem with ACME and all the other oilfield hotshot companies is all the deadhead.99 percent of the time there is no backhaul.

flatbedcarrier Thanks this.
  10. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I just quit J B Hunt and got hired on as a driver for an o/o at Acme....got no idea whats in store......cant be worse than J B though right?

11. 1nicevette

Dec 22, 2016
    You will have a lot fun just go in with eyes wide open

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.