Adding Hazmat endorsement - do I need to remember each class and division?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by sbi, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Finding the right practice test was a problem for me. Some were very close to one given, others had way too much info and had my head spinning. Simply put, you have to know the classes of hazmat, and what is required of you and the shipper. Then what to do in case of emergency and where to park. That type of thing. I had to pony up $85 for the TSA background check too, and make an appointment to go there.

Blue Zombie Trucker and sbi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    When you take the test, ask if you can skip questions you don't know. If yes, skip every question you are not 100% certain about.

4. oldtrucker66

Jan 1, 2015
    I agree with @homeskillet 100%.
    On my test, I think they asked the "paperwork order" question four different ways.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    On my test there were 26 questions. I could only miss 4. I doubt seriously if you can skip a question.

6. sbi

sbi Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    In Massachusetts you have 30 questions and need 24 correct.
    You can definitely skip questions, but I don't know if this "skip" counts as fail or if you can get back to them later, I had this option with all other endorsment s that I took but never skipped any.

7. oldtrucker66

Jan 1, 2015
    It has been five years since I took the test, and there definitely are things I do not remember. That said, I am 100% sure I skipped questions. By skip, I mean bypass. I did not select an answer. I went to the next question. Skipping a question did not count as a wrong answer. Perhaps different states administer the test in different ways.

8. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    You can skip questions because when you get to 26 right answers test is over you pass but answer 5 wrong test is over you fail. That why you skip questions you don't know. Why is this so hard to understand

oldtrucker66 Thanks this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I have never in my life heard of anything like that. If you do not answer it is a wrong answer. If that were the case you could skip most of the test and only answer what you knew. That makes no sense.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Because it is wrong. It does not work that way. Did you go to school?

11. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Been doing it that way forever. If you answer 5 question wrong the computer shut down and you fail. no matter how many remining question there are. Answer 26 question right the computer shut down you pass no matter how many are left. Why is this so hard to get? Also no need to put me down. It the way it is. Been driving 42 years hauling propane taken the test so many times I know the laws by heart. You might try learning something instead of putting people down

Timin770, oldtrucker66 and User666 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.