Adding Hazmat endorsement - do I need to remember each class and division?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by sbi, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Well sure, but that is not what he said, or meant to say.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    In Tennessee there are many reasons to be there in person. Taking a test is just one of them. The only appointments I know of are for doing an actual driving test. We have windows here marked A, B, C, etc and they just work you in for whatever reason you are there.

4. sbi

sbi Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Tennessee is a free state, Massachusetts isn't :(, you should see the guards at the entrance, treat you like you were the #1 terrorist in the world. Stand at the window and slightly "argue" with the clerk about a situation that they can't solve, two guards (armed, of course) immediately show up and stand behind you and barking at you to leave because the clerk can't help you and you should seek solution elsewhere. Insane.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You can leave all logic behind when you enter. They don't waiver from what they are told. They are not allowed to make decions on their own. I waited 30 minutes to get my enhanced license. I had lost my billfold that day, and did not have my Social Security card with me, but all the other paperwork. I was getting a replacement license also just in case I could not find it. So after getting my license, I asked her to enhance it. She would not do it without my card. I said I have a Class A CDL WITH Hazmat, so that means I have passed a TSA background check that is far more elaborate than getting a license. She said sorry, we have to have a picture of your SS card. Maddening, but the way it is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.