Admiral Merchants Motor Freight

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by fuelmanjr, Mar 20, 2018.

1. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Admiral currently only has about 5-600 trucks leased onto them, so you're not gonna see us like a mega carrier. But my wife and I are outta Indianapolis, and never have a hard time getting freight, it's the 4th best freight location in the county. And for $100 a month you can get the full DAT load board subscription, or for $40, you can subscribe to Internet Truck Stop through a deal Admiral has with them. So you are not restricted to just the Admiral board.

And you can bring your own trailer, or you can lease one from them for $250 a week. You can talk to them about what you prefer- flat, step, or double drop. If you're interested, just call Bonnie at PHONE NUMBER REMOVED, she'll be more than happy to help answer any questions you have. And if you do sign on, tell them we talked ;) REFERRAL INFO REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
    Reason for edit: Phone number and Referral info.
    Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I see them a lot around Chicago, IN & MI. Mostly in the scrap yards or steel mills. They're certainly around, just not as plentiful as some of the larger outfits.

RERM Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How's things going at Admiral currently? Keeping you folks busy? I'd imagine with being able to book freight off of various load boards shouldn't be all too bad?

6. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

I was accepted by Admiral but chose Ace Doran instead....doing great.....as far as the freight situation...just fine thank you.....all you can haul at profitable rates......(at least in the Midwest).

7. jaylo

jaylo Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    wichita,ks
    Heard Ace tarps a lot and the payment on the basic trailer(bubba) was 254$ a week I guess that’s a good price for a well set up step... But a very good company Why didn’t you go with AMMF?

8. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Honestly, I was a little put off by the fact of how few AMMF trucks I see in the Midwest .....also, I’m more into hauling steel, Ace agents have contract freight out of every mill I could think of.....just thought it was a better fit for the area and commodities I want to haul......

9. SemperFiServices

SemperFiServices Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah we have several agents that do strictly steel, but for the most part they stick to commodities other than steel and wood. But you gotta stick with what works for you.

10. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    The been around for a long time , they must be doing something right , best of luck at your new job.

RERM Thanks this.
  11. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Will be putting in an app with them in a couple weeks. Hope I'm making the right decision!

Hegemeister Thanks this.
  12. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    I have an application in with Admiral. Could someone give me the good, bad, ugly, do’s & dont’s with Admiral?

Do they have discounts on maintenance/repairs, fuel etc?

What would the monthly cost be to rent a step deck from them?

• Truckers Report Jobs