Adventures of a Flatbedder at Roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by TheTank, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    Sorry, you forgot to say anything about securement. Didn't know if it was a coil, or something else. "Steel" is a bit too general. :)

and why is the spellcheck highlighting "securement?" or, "Spellcheck" for that matter...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Spell check is built into whatever browser you're using. The one built into chrome sucks.

4. TheTank

TheTank Heavy Load Member

It was a coil, but this one was actually secured. That statement was just the general, "you don't know what your going to get" statement. :biggrin_2556:

5. nd4spdz

nd4spdz Bobtail Member

May 31, 2012
    Merrill,Wisconsin
    is'nt the fun of flatbed the fact you dont know what your going to get :yes2557: lol .... i know i know .. ill change my tune after i get my first loads :D

6. Moriarti

Moriarti Medium Load Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NW Indiana
    The fun of vans and reefers is not having a clue what the hell is in a sealed relay in the yard. We Flatbedders get to see our relays, and spend some time walking around it, saying: "What the... Why would.... Are you kidding... How was *that* even an option?"

7. nd4spdz

nd4spdz Bobtail Member

May 31, 2012
    Merrill,Wisconsin
    ROFL :biggrin_25523: I can't wait .. !

8. CDLschoolgrad

CDLschoolgrad Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Bear, DE
    Any flatbedders running out of Bensalem PA?

9. TheTank

TheTank Heavy Load Member

So can anyone tell me what's up with Roehl these days? :biggrin_25511:

First, get a call from (fill-in) FM on Friday about my load for Saturday. Pickup relay from yard and take to Milwaukee??? She looks at it, sorry no relay, you'll have to deliver. Great come out on Saturday and sit on Sunday. OK, I'll take Layover, but I call on Saturday when picking up to confirm delivery times. My QCP says 0145 on Sunday? :biggrin_2554: Uhm, it's going to Menards and they aren't open at 0145 nor do they accept deliveries on Sunday. Weekend guy looks it up, nope they open at 5 AM on Monday. OK, set me up with that. I deliver on Monday at 5AM.

Second, as soon as my unloaded call is received, I get an immediate Load Assignment. Go to Fon du Lac and take a load to MI. Deliver 0700 TODAY. WHAT? :biggrin_25524: Send in message that this time isn't gonna work. Reply: Pickup and deliver safely ASAP OK... :biggrin_25521: Get to the place, pickup, on the paperwork says deliver to construction site at 7AM. So I run my but off and get there at 2:50 local time. The guys come out and are like, "been waiting". One guy had gotten up at 1 AM and the other at 4 AM to be there at 7AM to unload the driver. Not sure what happened, but someone "F'ed" up!

NOW, I get unloaded and get my new assignment, pick up in Iron Mountain and go to Midland, TX with one stop in Plymouth, WI. Certainteed load. One thing, I am two hours from Iron Mountain and I have 2:05 left on my 14. HERE WE GO AGAIN! Run like the wind to pull into the terminal with 2 mins left. So now I start looking at the load plan. Pickup in Plymouth at 0800. Iron Mountain to Plymouth is roughly 3 hours and 5 minutes, give or take. My Ten started at 18:40. I can start driving at 4:40, well pretrip and drive. 3 + 4 + :45 = 7:45AM Well so much for taking it easy. Get up get going and actually get to Plymouth at 0800. That was a crazy 24 hours.

Now time to take it easy for the remaining 17 hours to Midland. :biggrin_25525:

10. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Nice work. Reminds me when I first started hauling regional with Bill as my dispatcher. Load after load after load with tight times. I actually enjoyed that.

11. Perpetual

Perpetual Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Maryland
    I'll be dropping a loaded step deck there on Friday afternoon if all goes well... Someone else will be taking it to Massachusetts since I'll be heading home to Maryland :)

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.