Advice from a cop on fighting tickets...

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by ExSmokie, Jan 29, 2010.

1. hcso506

hcso506 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    oklahoma

ok fair enough.In my career in small towns,i have worked several homicides all with convictions,was a part of one of the largest Meth Lad Seizures ever in the history of Oklahoma LE.Also worked rapes,child molestations,burglaries,attempted murders,felonious Assaluts,Assault on a district Judge at his residence,numerous pursuits,numerous drug seizures,was door man on over 400 executed search warrants with no serious injuries to suspects or officers,assisted on bank robbers,involved in 2 officer involved shootings defending my own life,arrested my own brother before for drugs,placed my own brother in a mental facility also for treatment,and removed cows from every road,highway and street for a 3 county area!!And have seperated Joe Blow and mrs.Blow so many times that they know me by name and i know all their kids.
    Small town Cops work the same crimes as big City cops do.You just don't hear about it as much.I have had ride alongs with me that were really surprised that i stayed busy for a solid 12 hours.people think we just sit in the local Coffee shops.We do sometimes,gotta eat!LOL!

And no,i don't have a college degree.I have never worked at a department that required it.i have worked with guys that had college degrees,some good,some bad.A degree doesn't make the Officer.same with Military service and came to LE,some good,some bad.As far as training in Oklahoma,the state has standards to go by.College grads,military guys,high school grads and GED holders all go through the same training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    back to the traffic court and citations thing . . . . . . . .

4. Jack Smithton

Jack Smithton Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    so cal
    I haven't read all nine pages of posts, but I have an observation re DUI in a 4-wheeler:
    Did you ever notice that every time there is some crazy DUI guy that goes 90+, flips his car, kills four people, his BAC is like .16, .19, .23%? You never hear about some driver with a .09% BAC (legally "drunk") causing a fatal wreck.
    I'm not saying; I'm just saying . . .

5. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    You know, there are some cops out there that arent worth a ####, but there are some good ones. I cant believe some of you guys who have said some of the things you've said. Keep it up, really give'em reason to screw with us even more.

Oh and about the video......

They dont put them bright, flasy lights on the top of them cars for nothin. Now, before you start flamin me, I've seen some cops go way to fast to get somewhere over piddly crap. But, they do have the right-of-way. As do any emergency vehicle.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You mean too fast like this idiot talking to his girlfriend on his cellphone ?
    http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/845086.html
    But don't get me wrong , I do respect most officers .
    Look at the training Michigan State Police get . http://autos.aol.com/article/police-driving-school

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Thanks for the info .

8. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Yeah, skin color is actually more important in many municipalities. Personally I know of a county that turned down an applicant with an AJ degree. Instead they opted to hire 2 women of Mexican descent, one had her high school diploma and worked at Burger King since high school, and the other was given 1 year to attain her GED with no prior work experience. The guy with the AJ degree had taken spanish class since high school. He made All American, and even went to the Jr Olympics. Somebody that worked at Burger King and was a high school drop out beat him out. Of course this was about 20 years ago so I am sure they don't worry about things like affirmative action these days.

I think that guy is a truck driver or something like that these days lol.

9. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Ease up man.

There are plenty of your fellow officers that ask the driver to sit in their car with them.....on the passenger side. With no adverse side effects.

Your weapons are supposed to be locked and secured.

You might have noticed that folks have a pretty good BS detector on this forum.
    Mine went off too.

FriedTater and RickG Thank this.
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Do you know that in most states a mail carrier, the guy/gal delivering to your house has the right of way over fire trucks, ambulances, and some police cars. When I was going though EMT school, we spent a week on emergency vehicle driving, they spent an hr on the various regulations we had to know, and under some obscure fed. regulation, the US mail has the right of way over all emergency vehicles except FBI, US Marshals, and the Secret Service.

11. corneileous

corneileous Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Podunk, OK
    Yeah, that'll hold up in court..... Some guy waitin on his next month's issue of Playboy has precedence over someone havin a heart attack or a fire engine tryin to get to someone's burning house.

I dont know what states you are talking about that have that goofy law but I highly, highly doubt its ever one of those laws that anyone cares about.

Did you know in my home town, its still supposedly written in the law books that if you are ever caught stealing a horse, you can still be hanged?? Think they'll ever enforce it? Highly unlikley.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.