Advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Madness29, May 11, 2024.

1. Madness29

Madness29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2024
    So I used to work at Werner. I had three incidences and they fired me. Two of them were not my fault but obviously I know that does not matter now no one will hire me. Is there anything I can do besides wait three years

I already tried applying to 4 places they all tel me the same thing "you have to driver somewhere for 6 months no accidents then we can hire you" how if no one will hire me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Don't worry, we'll find a driving job for you.
    How much experience do you have?
    Which companies denied you a driving job?
    Where is your location; state & nearest city or town?
    What is showing on your MVR and DAC?

4. Madness29

Madness29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2024
    I’m in Dallas tx I’m just tryna get in anywhere that will take me I already applied to swift,Schneider,mvt,epes and they all said no my incidents were

1st week of straining I hit a mail box with my trainer
    2nd incident I got stuck in grass and spun out they said it was property damage
    3rd incident a lady said I hit her mirror at 2 am

I have 7 months driving experience if anyone could help I would really appreciate it I didn’t get my cdl not to use it these warehouse jobs I’m at rn suck.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You may have to go with a1099 company.
    In the meantime apply with National Carriers.
    National Carriers | The Elite Fleet
    • Moving Violations: Only 3 last 3 years
    • Preventable Accidents: Only 3 last 3 years

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Keep us posted/informed!

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So, which 2 were not your fault? Because the first two you listed were clearly your fault.
    So was the third, if you did hit her mirror.

SoulScream84 and Concorde Thank this.
  8. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Try tyson foods. They might take you

9. Madness29

Madness29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2024
    so technically the mailbox was my fault because I didn’t get out and look my trainer was in the phone outside “spotting me” and let me remind you this is my 2nd ever time reversing I was fresh out school and he was telling me I’m good to keep going while he was on the phone and I asked him are u sure I look like I’m close and he’s like your fine hurry up “hand gesters” so I said ok and I hit the mail box and just tipped it didn’t even damage it bad but regardless my company said that I should have got out and looked myself even if my trainer said I was good

2nd incident I got stuck in the grass because there was a bunch of construction equipment blocking the door and there was wood with nails sticking out and I asked them to move it and they said they couldn’t and that “all the other truck drivers can do it” this store was a new store it wasn’t even open to customers anyways I got stuck in the grass spun out and they said I did property damage to the grass

3rd incident I had no idea where this came from but a lady said I hit her side mirror (another semi) at 2am which I don’t rember anything like that happening at all and there was an investigation and they said there was no damage at all to my truck or trailer just her mirror so they still ended up paying her out

I asked my safety if any of these incidents would go on my record he said no they wouldn’t they would just be for that company and that I should appeal it anyways tho and I didn’t bc I thought it wouldn’t go on my record but obviously it did

77fib77 Thanks this.
  10. Madness29

Madness29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2024
    Thank you

11. Madness29

Madness29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2024
    I will thank you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.