Advoiding Scales Kingman, AZ to Ontario, CA

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Blind Driver, Sep 8, 2019.

  1. Blind Driver

    Blind Driver Road Train Member

    3,080
    1,404
    Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    0
    Due to circumstances, my dryvan is 36k on my tandems at 40' and 33,800 when slid back to the 42' mark.

    I've been told my only scale is I15 and I215, but it burned down and hasn't reopened.

    Suggestions?
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. jinxutoo

    jinxutoo Light Load Member

    134
    223
    Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    0
    Take your chances at 42' and make it to Ontario today. If your trailer has a 40' mark on it, put tape over and go.
     
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. buzzarddriver

    buzzarddriver Road Train Member

    2,871
    6,969
    Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    0
    Hammer down, dude. But set the tandams at 40" to not attract any attention.
     
    rabbiporkchop and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  5. Blind Driver

    Blind Driver Road Train Member

    3,080
    1,404
    Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    0
    That's what I was thinking.
    At least it'll look ok :)

    But what about the scale?
     
  6. Dave_in_AZ

    Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

    40,225
    223,811
    May 4, 2015
    0
  7. D.Tibbitt

    D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

    17,715
    116,661
    Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    0
    Put it on 42 and run it
     
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  8. Linte_Loco

    Linte_Loco Road Train Member

    1,620
    6,477
    Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    0
    99% chance you’ll make it. Can you afford the 1%?

    That’s the only question you need to ask yourself
     
  9. Long FLD

    Long FLD Road Train Member

    7,174
    26,514
    Mar 4, 2015
    0
    The only thing you’d have to worry about is if CHP is at the bug check and that’s not likely on a Sunday. Put your tandems legal for CA so you look normal and head for Ontario.
     
    rabbiporkchop and bzinger Thank this.
  10. 062

    062 Road Train Member

    5,459
    18,018
    Oct 20, 2013
    0
    Run it.
     
  11. DmitriyKW

    DmitriyKW Bobtail Member

    47
    65
    Feb 10, 2015
    Sacto, CA
    0
    Set it to 41’ and don’t worry about it, I never had any problems running on 7th-8th hole thru scale if you not over 34k, today’s Sunday, scale will be closed. Next time be a patient picking up a load to California, tell them how you want to load your trailer
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted