AF Truck Center in Northlake, IL ---- WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by txtodd, Jun 16, 2017.

1. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    WARNING!!!! SCAM ALERT!!!!! I went there to park on 6/1/17. When I left 8 hours later, I gave the attendant my debit card for the $20 fee. He swiped the card & handed back, looked at the screen, and asked for the card back. It's the new-type card with a chip, so I assumed it didn't work when he "swiped" it. Days later I see online that I was charged twice. Simple mistake, I figured, and called the manager - ANJAM AZIZ. He immediately became defensive & told me to call my bank. The bank explained I'd have to come in to the bank (it's a local bank with only 2 branches, so I'd have to go back home),and cancel my debit card, have a new one mailed to me, etc., but that the merchant is actually responsible. I called AZIZ back, and he yelled & hung up on me! He promised if I'd email him proof to anjamaziz@aol.com he would email me proof his business never got the extra money. He never sent the proof & when I called him again, he hung up on me again. I called for the owner, PAVEL VALNEV (who is also the owner of AmeriFreight Trucking). His rep, Jordan, told me it would be 10 days before he could call me back. All this over a measly 20 bucks!!! These people can't spell "customer service" let alone give it! I've filed a complaint with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney General. Don't use a debit card!!!

true blue, Knucklehead and Bakerman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Always use cash or Am Exp. Am Exp. has great cust. svc., and if you tell them to stop payment-they do immediately.

DTP and txtodd Thank this.
  4. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Get a new bank. You deserve better than that.

UsualSuspect, Bean Jr. and txtodd Thank this.
  5. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Funny, AF should be Midway, right?

Rowsdower Thanks this.
  6. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Husband had a scam started at a Walmart in Sterling Rocks, IL where he bought a few items and then about a week later $300.00 was spent in a Walmart in Jefferson, MO. He was on the road in Albany, NY area when the charge was drafted. Bank at Regions, had the run around because they wouldn't let me sign the paperwork, he had to finally sign it at the bank in St Louis, MO a couple of weeks later. Overall it took a couple of months to get the money back. It hurt mostly because it was at Christmas when this happened. He had to have the clerk use the card because the card reader was supposedly not working, so we don't know if it was this person who did it or a buddy. Bureaucracy is a killer.

txtodd Thanks this.
  7. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I normally don't like to use credit cards, because it's too easy to spend when I ain't got the money. But, after this lesson, I'm starting to use a credit card, and then do an online payment from my bank to the credit card immediately to keep that from happening.

NavigatorWife and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Anjam Aziz ???? Good luck with that :)

Last I knew, .50 cal rounds cost $2.00 each. The next 10 being fired at our troops might be courtesy of Anjam Aziz ????

Rag-Heads used to buy truck loads of cigarettes in N. Carolina and run them up to Detroit and sell them for massive profits and send the money directly to Al Qaeda w/o paying Michigan taxes.

A N. Carolina cop noticed them filling a big rig w/ cigarettes and tipped off the Feds. A bunch of muslim store owners in Detroit went to prison.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    txtodd Thanks this.
  9. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I know, right? These people... He can take that $20 & stick it!

10. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
  11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Thankful you only got hit for $20. Some one had installed a "skimmer" that records the info on the magnetic strip on a gas pump at the Lone Star Truck Stop in Hollister TX I used. Within 5 days I had almost $500 in fraudulent gasoline purchases in the Houston area, done by cloning the info on my card onto dummy cards.
    Anytime you hand your card to anyone else, restaurant, store or whatever, they can swipe it into an illegal scanner and clone and sell the numbers on the internet

txtodd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.