Affiliated foods southwest

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by celadon541512, Jan 23, 2008.

1. celadon541512

celadon541512 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2007
    jackson ms
    i was driving for afs one day when i happened to get a "loaner" truck from the shop because my truck had an ABS light on so i wanted to get that fixed. I like to consider myself a safe driver and also safe to the public so I try to keep all the working parts of the truck in good working condition. Well i get my "loaner" truck (which all trucks and maintance is done thru penske) and drive off for my run. Well i get into the first turn from the 45 mph hwy on to the ramp to get onto another highway AND GUESS WHAT NO ##*CKIN BREAKES well after waking up in the ER unti the cop was there because he just knew i would be dead and suprise!! i wasnt dead (i did suffer tramatic brain and head injuries). i called the company .said i was just going too dam* fast. Well. (i have staples holding my scalp on my head and yes, i was litterally #### near killed in this wreak) this pissed me off because i was invovled in a wreak because of a truck break malfunction and he said i was just going too fast. The nerve of a man to do that. well i tried to sue for this inconvience but however in the crap state of mississippi, you can not sue your employer!!!! bull crap. i have a good lawsuit because, here again it was not my fault. anyway..... DO NOT DRIVE FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU CAN HELP IT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Iraqvet

Iraqvet Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Ashtabula Ohio
    This is america,you can sue anyone...If you can prove the brakes went out an thats what is in the accident investgation,I would try sueing penske.If the truck obtained serious damage,isnt your boss gonna go after them as well?

4. Luman

Luman Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Did you do a PALS test before you took off?

5. celadon541512

celadon541512 Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2007
    jackson ms
    there are 2 diffrenet sets of brakes on a truck air brake and mechanical brake. when you pull the air breaks you then have mechanical brakes which have nothing to do with applying the air when stopping i am a big truck mechainc but i dont pull off all the wheels and check the s cam and chambers and stuff

6. HOLDYOURGROUND

HOLDYOURGROUND Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Hwy, USA
    2 yrs ago, out KS $15.80 hr time and half after 8 hrs. what else can i say.. chumps!

7. BigD

BigD Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2006
    GA, USA
    WHAT?! Go find a good attorney -- call up the local Bar association in your area (call 411 and ask) where they should be able to refer you to someone who ought to at least do a free initial consultation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.