Affordable CDL Connecticut

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Tom Schwartz, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Tom Schwartz

Tom Schwartz Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2024
    I called the phone number but couldn't leave a message as their voicemail is full but the owner called me back within 10 minutes. She told me that I could put $1,000 down and pay the rest before graduation. I visited the school, signed a contract, returned home to check my finances and paid $1,000 through their website. The guy who took my signed contract said he'd be in touch to schedule me for a class when payment was received, he never called. I called the school 14 times and they never got back to me, voicemail still full. I drove the hour out to the school, and spoke to the guy who took my contract. He said I just should have come in the next day after paying as they like to start their students right away. I was not told this before this point, yet he said I have "only myself to blame". He gave me a number to call to get a refund but it was the same number with the full voicemail. This was weeks ago and no one has called back. I filed a complaint with the BBB a month ago, no response from Affordable CDL. Buyer beware.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    You have been a victim of fraud and what you need to do is to get the state involved. I do not know about Connecticut, but here in Virginia we have what is called the Commonwealth Attorney and that is I would talk to here if it had happened to me here. Few years back, I had a situation a little like this on a roof on my house. I got the Commonwealth Attorney involved and it was no time, I got my money back. Now, you do have the option of going to Small Claims Court to recover your money and I highly suspect that the school absolutely does not want to get involved in this. Go to your courthouse and swear out a warrant to get started. The BBB isn't going to do a thing to help you, take my word. BBB is a complete waste of time.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ^^What he said^^

TB John Thanks this.
  5. Tom Schwartz

Tom Schwartz Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2024
    Update..........my money was finally returned.

lual, Grouch, Lonesome and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.