After 1 year off , got an opp. w/ J.B Hunt

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by LunaticHigh, Aug 22, 2008.

1. LunaticHigh

LunaticHigh Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2008
    I haven't found much that was concrete or not the same situation in another truck company, but why is J.B Hunt considered Bad?

I've worked 1 year for Swift Transportation, and I have tried applying for every type of job since I've been home and found none. So with new insight and experience in life, I'm trying to return to the road, knowing that some things just have to be dealt with and endured.

I got called by J.B Hunt and am scheduled for Orientation monday. I asked over the phone (Even though it probably means nothing) about any complications or problems with my record or anything, and I got a "so far everything looks fine" I know I had 1 speeding ticket in ohio and a couple of other small things, like a preventable ( bent fence post) .

What would make me steer clear of J.B. Hunt and what is the best way to see your DAC? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Quexos

Quexos Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Arizona
    I had CR England call me this morning and ask me to show up Monday for training. I said, "Have you already checked everything out? I don't want to get up to Salt Lake City just to hit a snag and get sent home.". She said all was fine....then called back 10 minutes later saying she could not hire me because of some nonsense with my license...which is squeaky clean and then got straight up rude with me when I tried to solve the problem and send her my recent 5 year DMV report that proved what I was trying to tell her. Bah...who wants to work for England anyway. The point is though, it's a good thing I didn't just keep quiet and run off and buy an airline ticket.

To see your DAC report http://www.usis.com/default.aspx and click "Consumers" at the bottom. I got mine by mailing in the form and it took a month. Don't know about the phone method.

As far as JB Hunt, I can't say because I never worked for them. I figure all the big companies are the same, give or take.

4. LunaticHigh

Aug 22, 2008
    Well, good news is, J.B Hunt called me after confirming my greyhoudd ticket and Declined me. after a week of confirmation, today they say that I don't have enough road time in the past x amount of months, nor a full year in x amount of past years. It seems my time at swift wasn't a full year for whatever reason. I haven't had the strength to check up on my record with swift yet, but I suppose I no longer need to. Thanks guys.

Problem Solved...

5. LadyDallasDriver

LadyDallasDriver Light Load Member

May 5, 2008
    USA
    Maybe Swift will rehire you so you can get more exp. in. I am going through something like that know I have been driving since 1999 and some companies went under so I only have about 4 years otr but which none is in the last 2 years I worked local up to oct 07 and nothing since. I have been trien to get back in but all I hear is gotta have 1 year otr in last 2 years...:(

6. TGarrie383

TGarrie383 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Grove City,Oh
    Just because JB called you don't mean you have a job a bus ticket is a write off you still have to go threw allot of background checks after you get there
    Been there done that and i can tell you that your making a big misstake but good luck and if you get a job with them put about 75% of yur check in saving because you will need it later I know :yes2557:

7. LunaticHigh

Aug 22, 2008
    Yeah, i knew that the actual hiring never took place. I know a handfull who ended up being sent home after x amount of days at Swift , and having to somehow pay for that. I asked as many questions as a could all week. I can't even ay I'm angry, but it would have been been for them to say "we're still checking" other than "everything checked out fine". The only problem they told me in the whole week was one of my references wasn't answering the phone. And yeah, It wouldn't have been Ideal, I just need an opportunity for more experience.

Lady D.D, I think you are right. We're in that mini-catch 22, where you need something, but can't get it unless you have it already. Someone out there will hire, and as long as we can make an ok living, and get more recent experience, mayb it's ok. For whatever reason, swift decided not to hire me back either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.