After a year away, signed on with Dark Horse Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigcat1124, Nov 15, 2017.

1. steve38506

steve38506 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Are they looking for drivers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Yep. I believe we’re looking for one. We don’t do much hiring. Only have 11 company trucks, but I know one is empty.

4. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I came off hometime and picked up a preloaded trailer in Smyrna. Took that up to sunny, warm, Wisconsin. Lol. Delivered that yesterday and picked up in Milwaukee, rolling to Tennessee. Got a call from dispatch. A new driver of ours messed up on the Elog and can’t make delivery. So, we swapped in Kankakee, IL. And his load delivered in the same location as my prior delivery. Now I’m waiting on a door in Milwaukee, heading for a drop and hook in Lebanon.

Already preplanned for a drop and hook in Murfreesboro, heading to Cleburne, TX.
    BTW, man it’s cold up here!! Lol.

5. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Been a bit since I’ve posted. I picked up onions and headed back to Tennessee. I did a short run on Friday down to Monroe, GA and came back empty. I took a few days off and picked up a loaded trailer and went to Wisconsin. Was given a 5 stop load, two picks in Wisconsin and two picks in the Chicago area, and took it to Dallas. I’m sitting in a dock getting loaded and heading to Lebanon for a drop. Wheels are rolling...

6. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Like my previous post. Still rolling good. Took a trip to Florida and to Wisconsin and back. Just came off home time yesterday and I dropped in Texas. Was given a 3 stop pick up all in the Dallas area heading back to Tennessee. It really helps having a dispatch system that works well with the Elogs.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  7. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Things have changed since my last post. I moved back to the Tampa, FL area. Didn’t plan on this move for a few years, but was willed a home, so it was time. Anyway, Dark Horse don’t hire in that area. So I had to move on. Have really nothing bad to say about them. Very nice people to work for and strongly recommend them if you live in the Nashville area.

Getsinyourblood and 48Packard Thank this.
  8. taodnt

taodnt Light Load Member

May 6, 2017
    North of Green Bay
    Are you going to sign on with anyone in Tampa? If so, keep us posted. I enjoyed your diary. Best wishes.

bigcat1124 Thanks this.
  9. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks. Yep. I signed on with Indian River Transport. I plan on starting a thread soon. I’m on my 2nd trip with them.

10. ATLAS81

ATLAS81 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2022
    Just wrapped up my first week with Dark Horse Express.. so far it's not looking like anything has changed since BigCat was here.. still running gliders, still pumping out plenty of miles!

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.