After overhaul on Cummins ISX CM 870

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by snejana73, Mar 22, 2021.

1. little cat 500

little cat 500 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Abbottstown PA
    Sounds like you didn't trust the guy or shop from the start

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snejana73

snejana73 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Actually , I trusted him that's why we took the truck to him.
    I caught him of lying to me after the overhaul was done and he took the money.......
    Yes, now I no longer trust him .

4. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    What did the shop lie to you about?

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I gave Cummins half upfront when they did the big emissions work.

I had no issue with it, and the truck has worked as advertised ever since.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I know the horse has left the barn, but only go to factory certified / authorized shops.

7. snejana73

snejana73 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Measuring the liners , about parts , about a wire which they damaged and caused me a towing company and another shop pay . They also damaged my alternator while doing an overhaul and made me pay for it . They were suppose to change a oil cooler gasket which they never did. After taking my truck from the shop , my oil pressure was lower compare to prior to the overhaul. I have never been told by them that Cummins came with a new oil pump which may be the cause for oil pressure been lower . Instead they offer to change the pump but I had to pay extra $300 because this oil pump was suppose to be brand new ..... When I call several suppliers I was told that no where in the country I can find right now brand new pump . When I went to inspect the pump that they claimed to be brand new not reman I saw the same identical pump , the same part number no different than the one that they installed 2 weeks prior.... also the odometer number put on the invoice was over 2000 miles more then the actual driven miles after on overhaul ..... I was not given an estimate prior to the overhaul but knew roughly how much will cost me. At the time of the picking my truck , I was given 2 invoices , one of them reading a date while I was out of the country ........ I had to pay for the wire again even though my truck is still under warranty .... Since taking this truck from this shop after the overhaul , I have not driven more than 2000 miles , cause of the wire problems , oil pressure . Bottom line is this shop does not warrant their warranty. Yes , I was told that they measured the liners but at this point I do not trust what they say . I do not want to go and do another overhaul and spent so much money again because of the greedy people

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    jsnell Thanks this.
  8. snejana73

snejana73 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Which cummins did you go to?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.