Ag exempt explained

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Loudstacks, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Should’ve sent jr……..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Couple of fine details: It’s a 150 mile circle around the point of origin, empty going to pickup, and loaded going to destination. All loading and related activity are also off duty.

If there are multiple pickups, the circle is drawn around the first pickup.

Livestock (any live animal, including bovines, pigs, chickens, bees and fish) gets a 150 mile circle from the destination as well. If there are multiple deliveries, the circle goes around the final drop. The clock starts again the moment your B/l’s are signed.

We use an ELD (Konexial) that uses geofencing to AUTOMATICALLY pop you on the drive line as you depart the happy circle, and pops you back off duty and makes the ag exempt notation in the log for you the moment you go back inside the comfy circle. It’s livin’ large…….

4. Canning

Canning Bobtail Member

May 2, 2024
    Similarly, in Ontario, I ran "field to silo" under AG exemption, although it was never more than 30 or 40 miles round trip. If I got tired, then I had a rest; when I felt rested I continued.....24 hours continually until that harvest was finished. I've never been questioned, and no body I know has ever had an accident hauling AG in my area that I am aware of, thank God. Your local authorities will know what you're doing, and as long as your not being an arse on the road, and are putting safety above all, you will be fine.

Crude Truckin' and Loudstacks Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.