Air breather lights

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Ei, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Ei

Ei Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Northeast
    Hi guys, Im looking into buying these for my 389, does anyone have these? do they sit inside the lip of the filter cup or are the mounted on top with double sided tape? I'm kinda concern of them not staying secure do to the wing blowing them off? Also I'm not sure what size filter I have whether is a 13 or 15" element, thanks for any helpful info.

5" Star LED For 13" Donaldson Air Breather

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ei

Ei Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Northeast
    thanks I miss that picturem look easy enough, hope these are are bright, also found a brand by Grand General with 54 LED's

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. Rounded_nut

Rounded_nut Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    And don't worry about the adhesive, same stuff on my window trim and I've had to replace the window pieces once since new, about 870k miles ago!

5. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    To me there is nothing as important as long distance vision. I think some of the very bright light kits are a distraction to seeing down the road. As for color, I personally wouldn’t use any color other than amber, for going down the road, no need to call attention to your truck by using blue lights, the cops think they own that color. If it’s only for showing off at the truckstop, go wild! Where I am they write tickets for hot rods with blue dot tail lights, stupid yes, but that’s reality.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.