Air hissing only under load accelerating seems air compressor and boost related

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Freightshaker03, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Those older engines that got air from the pressure had what was called a boost (or turbo, can't remember which) protection valve. Find a diagram of your model air dryer, you'll find it.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Just a side note, I see Van Horn in one of the previous post. I highly recommend them. The Owner is a great guy. Helped me out of a jam once, when no one knew what the problem was. He could have easily towed my Truck and charged me a fortune. I’d never have known different. They no longer work on Trucks, but have a huge assortment of parts. Things others don’t carry. Very helpful and honest. Specialty tools also. I’ve yet to spend any real amount of money there. I plan on it though, as they really earned my Business.

4. Freightshaker03

Freightshaker03 Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2021
    Rideandrepair You’re right!!! It was the hose behind the compressor! I pressurized the system tonight and found that it was blowing out where the hose connects to the compressor!
    Stupid spring clamp! I put a good clamp on and the leak was gone! Getting a new hose tomorrow to finish it properly!
    Thanks for all the help!

Rideandrepair and lester Thank this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Only because it happened once to me. Lol. Glad it’s an easy fix.

lwlevens Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.