Air trapped in service line??

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by wadeenterprisesllc, Apr 10, 2024.

1. wadeenterprisesllc

wadeenterprisesllc Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2022
    I have a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia and frequently while dropping a trailer the blue glad hand has air behind it when I disconnect, it pops off almost. Is this a valve going bad, or a bad brake chamber, or valve on the trailer?

It doesn’t make sense to be the tractor protection valve, but it doesn’t match the description of the quick release relay valves failing either…my best guess is the inline quick release valves mounted to the tractor valve??

I should mention I do containers so they’re all junk and I’m never hooked up to the same one twice. I’d believe it if it is a trailer issue but the consistency with which it’s occurring makes me question if it’s the truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Quick release valve on service air line

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Do you have a hand valve and is it sticking a bit? Piston in the foot valve sticking a bit?
    I really doubt that is your problem as you should have brake lights on. More likely your tractor protection valve.
    Doubt it is your inline quick release valve but you can take it out of the system with a coupling. Very little time or money spent to do that.
    Just thanking out loud and typing.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.