AIT truck driving school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Eskimo359, Jul 9, 2010.

1. TrucGadget

TrucGadget Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2013
    That's good news. Thanks for the feedback too. Which program did you opt for at AIT? Was that a factor in the hiring process?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 8PawsTrucking

8PawsTrucking Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Had to chime in. I'm in week 2 at AIT, and have to chime in about their financial aid. I have a Bachelors degree and am going into truck driving to help fund my masters degree. I don't have pell grant funds available and my boyfriend who is also enrolled makes too much to get pell, so we had to take out a private loan from their school for a large portion of the tuition.

When I first signed up I told them I was enrolled in another school and would be getting financial aid. They pulled some report and said it wasn't showing up and not to worry about it. We went into financial aid and once again I mentioned I didn't have any financial aid left for this term, but they just had us fill out the Fafsa and said everything looked good, and not to worry.

Before we started, we both went into the financial aid office several times to confirm with 3 different people in the office that we were fine. We asked about other finance options instead of federal loans and they said they had them available, but I was fine, I wouldn't need it. And would need special permission and would have had a later start date if I went that route. Now, week 2, their financial aid office is calling asking me for more documents and transcripts and notified me of what I already knew, I don't have financial aid funds left. Guaranteed, I'm not fine and in week 2, and by this time, I am into the school for 75% of the tuition if I have to drop because they do not have funding for my tuition. My situation is unique, but after telling them 4 times I don't have federal money and them not listening, I'm beginning to wonder why the hell no one listened to us. Another thing, most companies have tuition reimbursement, but keep in mind, the amount of what you'll be paying back. It may exceed the standard $100 a month amount most companies give you for tuition reimbursement, so watch out how much you are financing if you are looking for them to recoup all costs! Sounds great they'll pay it back, but it is only a $100 a month and UP TO 7,500 for some companies.

My point, they are like any other technical school, in it for the money. So be wary of what they try to sell you on. If I had my choice to do it again, I'd go to a company sponsored program instead. I have my written CDL permit but the school has my testing information. So I'm feeling a tad stuck. I feel like we were vigilant about letting their financial aid know our situation and they neglected to listen on purpose. We shall see what tomorrow brings!

4. Truckergirl818

Truckergirl818 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2016

Okay when you went. When did they drug test you? Before classroom or during application?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.