Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    There are 2 sides to every story and then there's the facts. Just north east of Calgary after EnCana Fracked some wells, a lady would fill a glass of tap water at her farm house and light it up. Do you think the possibility exists that gas was seeping into her water supply due to fracking?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    http://www.ernstversusencana.ca/the-lawsuit

This lady knows her stuff, she was a consultant and oil and gas scientist. But what happened to her isn't likely or common anywhere else people invent pseudo science about fracking.

Encana cracked sandstone (weak crumbly rock) in shallow wells for gas. They knew it was too close to style base groundwater layer and received warnings about it. When they perforated it the council just slapped them on the wrist and said it posed no danger without looking at what happened.

Her lawsuit is more about the failure of the government board to act on and protect landowners after the incident than about fracturing.

Diletantte Driver Thanks this.
  4. Canadian-ay

Canadian-ay Bobtail Member

May 31, 2012
    Belleville, ON
    One well in rural Pennsylvania in the town that led to the statewide moratorium had methane in the well as Josh Fox shows in the movie Gaslands. Why you even see the water that flowed through the tap light up like a bunsen burner. Fox blamed the fracking in the area for that and the poor quality water with iron and methane. One resident was suing the big bad oil and gas company for millions. When Phelim McAleer interviewed the other farmers and neighbors of the couple suing the gas company, they insisted that their water quality had NEVER changed and methane has always been a common gas you'd find if you drilled a well today or 100 years ago. The state tested the water in the area and found that the water was clean and safe to drink including the neighbour who had the lawsuit who were angry that their water tested safe.How can you sue when there are no damages.
    Now you know the second side of the story because the CBC's major in showing their own biased view, do you believe that Alberta should put a moritiorium on fracking? People who break the rules should be severely punished. I believe the majority of wells drilled (before going horizontal) are bout a mile deep which is well below the depth of the water table and you know how safe the drilling process is. But if someone drills above the water table then the story is completely different.
    Yes I agree with itsneversafe. Science advisors in Greenpeace have to have one major qualification and that's not academic credentials, it's a vivid imagination. Even get to love David Suzuki's imagination when he talks about banning mining in Canada.

5. Pinner

Pinner Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2010
    B.C.
    I would say there has always been naturally occurring methane gas getting into water wells.

I also think O&G wells have been fracked into well water by accident and/or bad decisions.

I also think bad cement jobs are far too common... < this is what the industry should be looking at. Fracking very deep doesn't mean much if the cement job can't handle the massive stresses of multi zone fracking.

6. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
    So what do you think about fracing with 28% HCL Acid, thousands of cubes of it.

What about the amount of fresh water being used and never recovered or the inability to ever treat it.

I agree it creates very many jobs, but some things need to change. There are alternatives, just need the government to make it happen. Sea water is plentiful.

Rocket1949 Thanks this.
  7. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Fracing can also be done with propane.

8. Pinner

Pinner Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2010
    B.C.
    That's right Prairie Boy, I think the water usage/disposal is unsustainable. Should be able to use LNG ?

9. Diletantte Driver

Diletantte Driver Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Get your own thread.

10. Prairie Boy

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    I don't know of any reason why not. Except that Propane has a bigger bang????

11. mwrc1

mwrc1 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2013
    Hi all. Was woundering about vac trucking.whats it like out there work wise,money I have lots of experience Is there anybody hiring dont have tickets yet working on it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.