Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Basic

Basic Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Albertuh
    Send me a PM with your info, I can probably get you a job. Actually I have 3 in mind, they all pay good. Make sure its a PM and not posted to my profile where everyone who looks can see. Or see http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...ers-forum/200875-hey-guys-i-need-drivers.html

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tctrucking

tctrucking Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank's, Basic.Not sure how to PM you. Can you send me a message at " tctrucking@primus.ca" i would sure appreciate it.Thank's again.

4. markyD

markyD Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Looking for advice for a new class 1 driver with no experience, and wanting to get started working in the oil field. 44 years old so not afraid of hard work, but not sure I would last if it was gruelling work.

I already have WHMIS, H2S, First Aid, as well

What 's the best way to go about it?

1)Send resumes and hope someone will take me on knowing I will require some training

2)Get experience with a local company doing long haul first

3)Hop in my car or and head to Ft Mac and apply in person? I would be coming from Vancouver.

thanks for any advice, it is much appreciated

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  5. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    You def don't need to go to fort Mac to find a job but in person is always better. I would get your oilfeild tickets first though to be more appealing to a company. H2s pcst, cst, first aid etc

6. markyD

markyD Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Forgot to mention that I do have WHMIS, H2S, First Aid, so I added that. I guess I'm mainly wondering if anyone will hire me, and what types of jobs should I be looking for as I know there are definitely good jobs and not so desirable jobs.

7. mwrc1

mwrc1 Bobtail Member

May 31, 2013
    Big Eagle I see there always looking for vac operators but I heard there not good to work for

8. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    lot of people don't care for "Big Weasel"

rainyday lover Thanks this.
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Try CleanHarbors out of Leduc.

10. northboundhound

northboundhound Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Fort St John, BC
    :biggrin_25525:Just scrolled through a few pages.

Someone mentioned BC/Fort St John. The whole of northern BC is going off. Big oil and gas plays, major expansion of operations, companies expanding up there like crazy. Provincial government has maybe realized BC can't exist on tourist dollars and grow ops much longer, so watch for lessening of the controls and a more oil/gas friendly business climate.

So I would suggest maybe don't just look at Alberta for work. FSJ is a bit pricey for rent, grocery and flights. Not so much for the camps either, unless you are a driller/rig guy. It's also pretty harsh up there for a new guy. Cut your teeth driving BC bush and staying in some of the camps around Wonowon will make a man of you.

Lots of places hiring around Nisku/Red Deer right now. If you're not too fussy, could maybe get a job in 24 hours. Lots of companies hiring noobs with class 5. Seems like it's back to the recruitment cycle of desperation again. Driving a water truck would be a good gig, get some driving experience and learn the basics. Maybe start off driving body jobs and then move up to a semi truck pretty fast. Earn $34/hour fairly soon on semi truck.

Hope everyone is doing good - don't seem to get too many job/work inquiries on the forum much these days.

Life is good here, very settled, less than a year in the patch and I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be. Met some amazing people. Worked my harse off. Learned so much, so fast. Not pigeonholed and working on multiple service lines, which has kind of surprised me. Driving some of the biggest nastiest things you'll see in the patch. Steep learning curve for sure, but look listen and learn, ask questions, try to act smart and use that rare and elusive common sense mode.

11. fishhauler

fishhauler Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Red Deer, Alberta
    I see the N2 placard. Is that what you're doing now? For who and where? I'm N2 also in Red Deer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.