Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. topo4u20

topo4u20 Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Just got the call this morning. Medical passed. Start course in Red Deer Dec 16. Thanks all for your support. Hope to keep the lines open.

Rocket1949 and nate980 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    Last week Mexico, 28 degrees, today 40 km south of NWT border and -35, I think I liked Mexico better lol!!!

Oldpete2112 Thanks this.
  4. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    Wimp ............ I'll send ya some sun screen (or is that sun scream ?) from Kugluktuk next month .............. :)

5. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    What are ya hauling up there? Sleds??

Speedloader Thanks this.
  6. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Pull your toque a lil tighter and suck it up ;) That's why you do Mexican holidays in spring on breakup. Less of a shock to the system when you come back. H/H flame retardant heavyweight and a good hardhat liner some good insulated boots and your GTG.

7. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    Had to attend a wedding, wasn't my choice of times to go lol, I don't mind the cold, not outta the truck too much, rig in, drop balls, rig out...

8. topo4u20

Nov 7, 2013
    Hey jamesg, what job are you doing that you do not have to be out of the truck too much? I though with fracing you would be outside a lot?

9. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    He drops frac balls. So he sits inside til a stage is complete. Then he goes outside for 15-20 minutes drops the next ball and goes back inside for an hour or 4. Kind of like a gopher popping out of his hole

freedom4me and oilfield Thank this.
  10. topo4u20

Nov 7, 2013
    Sounds like a good gig.

11. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    Lmaoooo nitrogen, I resemble that comment! We've got the customers adjusted now so that we load during last sand stage close to spacer and then launch so I am only outta the truck 5-10 mins now ha ha!

this morning woke up in high level, -37, head down the road, broke down, bomb started the truck by towing with a pickup, drive to gp, switched trucks, messed around a bit there now in edson... And only -15, but saw some bad smash ups, gibsons trains west of valleyview and a van hauler west of white court, there's some slick roads out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.