Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Oh ok. I had mine before, but your manager would know more about it than I would.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    Yeah, great to bring it if you already have it, but if you need to buy it then best to wait till you are out there where the selection is better and you have some guidance to make sure you don't waste money on something that isn't up to standard. Often these companies will help you out with the cost too, either issuing you gear directly or giving you a voucher to buy it.

peted Thanks this.
  4. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    peted, the only thing that is not supplied is your boots,and we get a 10% discount at marks work warehouse on them(so does everyone else in the world) after 3 months there is a $100 boot allowance, twice a year,$200/yearly. office can explain more.

peted and Brit101 Thank this.
  5. Onetrack

Onetrack Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Red Deer, AB
    Hm. Well I'm in Red Deer now, officially assigned to a sand can - just another experience grabber until I move up.. plan b is fluid (fuel) - getting there :D

I'll give sand a go.. see how it is.. 5 months in now.

Seems I missed people hosing down the decks here a bit.. no need to pick on trican, hell I work for Sanjel and I don't. Cementing isn't for everyone but its varied. There are certainly lots of people who want to run long haul vs those who want to drive minimally.

Have fun in hinton Peted - it'll be a great start and you'll certainly learn how to wash a truck.

Brit101 and peted Thank this.
  6. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    That's all I was saying onetrack, everyone likes different things in a job so why bash someone else's job. Oh well!

7. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    Trican doesn't deserve trash talk, but neither do fluid haulers.

8. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    You guys doing much for jobs these days.

9. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Cariboo, just got tired of him always bashing Trican. So I spoke out, something I very rarely do. Its done with and subject closed.

10. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
    Peted is in Estevan, I am heading to Hinton.

Mud and washing trucks is normal for me. I work in construction unlike most here.

Wish I had some pics to show you of how bad I get my trucks buried in the muck, can't even see the wheels sometimes. Those are fun days!

Hell I once got a 42M concrete pump buried, took 2 dump trucks daisy chained and a dozer pushing to get it out.

11. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Ohh you will love chaining up then

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.