Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    oil patch... since when does trican well service pay by the hour? just wondering.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Whu runs in the patch by the mile ?????

4. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    the way trican pays me is a monthly salary plus a job performance bonus. if hinton is paying by the hour, i'd like to know. the people i've talked to said they get paid the same as i do. just saying.

5. pdizzle

pdizzle Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I have to say, this looks like a lot of information but you really didn't say anything informative.

6. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    It would be a mistake ( in my opinion) to just get a license and go to a company where you are hardly driving- that should be for guys who are burned out by the road. The thing is, theres a lot to learn and a lot to forget and it would hurt a heck of a lot more to lose skills and capabilities that you only just started learning- those skills don t just come by sitting in a drivers seat being stopped all day long. [​IMG]
    the reason they hire no experience drivers, is #1 they hire anyone who comes to the door, #2 they always travel in convoy, so there are more experienced drivers to keep an eye on you who can help you out. you will spend enough time driving in some of the toughest driving conditions possible, keeping your skill current is the very least of your worries.

what oil patch trucker said is 100% my advice as well, get your rear end inside their door, and ask to actually speak to someone, when you drop off your resume. appearing in person once will get you far more job offers than 10,000 emailed resumes

7. Oil Patch Trucker

Oil Patch Trucker Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Hinton, Alberta
    You are correct. Drivers at Trican get salary plus bonus. My cousin was hired as a heavy duty mechanic. I didnt mean to mislead.
    I have a friend who works in Hinton as a driver hauling sand. His salary is around $5000.00. Plus some sort of bonus structure. When he's on the road they pay for expenses and hotels. Still a sweet deal! He started there this spring with a class 5 (just your regular car license) he was put through all his oilfield training and class one driver training within a couple of months. He has been running a tri drive with an air can since this fall. He was a motorcycle mechanic for many years. This was a big step away from what he had been doing.
    If you are here, and you have some ambition, you will get hired.
    Best of luck to all who do!
    Happy New Year.

oilfield Thanks this.
  8. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    I've got my Class one and PDIC, next week I do my H2S Alive, first aid and CPR. Hope to be in Alberta soon after. :)

9. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    no problem, oil patch. i just don't want people to get misled about what trican is like. talked to my base manager and he confirmed what you just said about the machanics getting hourly. the way the bonus's work is the operator gets a % of the total job costs. heard we just got a raise on our bonus's but don't know the details yet.

10. Oil Patch Trucker

Oil Patch Trucker Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Hinton, Alberta
    Nice on the raise!! Where are you based?

11. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    i'm out of the lloyd shop. all the bases got a raise except for the frac crews,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.