Alibaba unveils its 'future hotel' in Hangzhou staffed by robots

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Oct 15, 2019.

1. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Been to Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Xiamen, and Hong Kong...never had this occurrence. Manilla, Phnom Penh, or Bangkok maybe could be expected depending on your hotel location....

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Surprised you never had that experience. Hotels there are known for that.
    Traveler Warning: Prostitution in China - TripSavvy
    You might get calls in your room late in the evening from women looking for clients as well as women knocking at your door with the offer or something more veiled, such as “I’m thirsty, can I come in for a glass of water?”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Happens to me every time I get a room. If your wife is with you, they get tipped off if she leaves the hotel without you. I guess the girls at the front desk are in on it and tip them off.
    In Beijing I stay at the Grand Hotel Beijing which is a high class hotel and get the phone calls.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Had a strange encounter in Beijing. Took the wife to a traditional Chinese Medicine hospital. She wanted a checkup and to visit a doctor there that she attended the university with. I was strolling around the halls while she took care of business. Saw some janitors mopping floors and collecting trash. One of them was a white guy with red hair and about my age. He saw me staring at him and scurried off, looking back one time to see if I was still looking. Didn't see him again. I think he saw my military tattoos and got spooked; he probably is a MIA from Vietnam and didn't want to be discovered. A few MIA's are scattered around in the Orient; have their personal reasons not to return to the states. I wouldn't have ratted him out anyway; that's his business and not mine. Those were my thoughts during that brief encounter. It was surreal and something triggered it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Because they are testing their technically. They will be ready to respond when our government implements high minimum wage rates. Americans will be laid off and they will be selling robots.

6. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Never been to Asia but does not sound much different than some parts of the US. Place had truck parking and I got a room. Needed a shower and some sleep.
    Phone rang and I answered it ( was the thing to do back then but would not do that today ). Woman said she was a model. I have a lot of new outfits. Would you like for me to come to your room and model them for you? NO
    I am not helping anyone and just sturing stuff up so I am out of here.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I found extra mustard packets when i was taking my clothes out of the dryer today.. Ive never been a mustard type of man but i must have stuck them in my shirt pocket sometime.. Im just glad they didnt explode all over the frickin dryer ! Oh man what a mess that would be

8. BR-549

BR-549 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Thailand x Louisiana
    Mustard packs?! JHC that’s upscale!...second only to mayo packs of course. Last time I saw anything like that they cut my sammich in fourths and put those lil plastic sword picks thru em. Man, those were the days!!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.