All But The Most Critical

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, Jan 24, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Define Critical.

Ive taken more abuse on a load of potato chips than I ever did on a million dollar medicine load. The stress, trouble, yelling and so forth associated with seriously basic STUFF that fills a warehouse as far as the eye can see and take Baltimore a month to buy it all... is flat BS.

I better get quiet before I get into trouble.

What they think is critical wont become apparent until it becomes necessary to get the trucks moving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I am on a "Critical load" right now getting loaded with bulk cleaning liquids totes, tanker endorsement load. Only 8 palets 1/3 of trailer weighing about 22000 lbs. But the trailer was sealed by shipper. So it's basicly a FTL. And broker is paying less than $2 per mile when factoring 100 mile dead head, and 580 loaded for $1200. But I'm just the driver.

4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    You got it! The driver shortage been going on for 30 years along with a continuous stream of cheap labour to fill the seats. Amazing that these North Americans,,born here even waste their time starting a career that's going downhill at a hellish rate

p608 and Freddy57 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.