All large companies are bad

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by landmine, Mar 26, 2008.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    corcoran, ca
    If you can scrap the money together to put yourself thru driver school there are many small companies that will hire people with CDL's but no experience. I got my first 6 months in at a small reefer company and those where the best pay checks I've had in all the time I've been driving.

Why did I leave?

Dispatcher said, "Oh buddy, long as you have more log book pages you are never out of hours."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iamkaren123

iamkaren123 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Chattanooga, Tennessee

All I can say is I read it and ######, your right. OOPS, excuse my language...lol

4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :laughing-guffaw:
    That's okay, Karen.
    I can handle it.
    I'm a baaadd man ---------->
    :naka:

5. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

What I am going to say will go against most who posted that I read in some ways. Not that I disagree, but it just a different view.

What makes a Bad Company? Bad home time, Low Pay, Poor Equipment, or treating driver like dirt. Plus so other things also..

What makes a good Company? All Good of the above mentioned. Right?

All in all the only good Company is the Company that is yours and yours alone. Rest has the ability of being a bad company. But owning a truck and getting your own loads is not for everyone. So you have to learn how to be an employee and be happy with the company you choose.

Someone who makes nothing at the moment 10 cpm would be great pay. But to for you who been working and making money at a higher rate it bad pay, and I agree yes it would be bad pay.

New guys and gals to the industry will not be able to hire on to most companies, true yet they have to start somewhere. That we pretty much agree 100% on. But many judge a company by it turn over rate, how they see them on the road, or what they hear on here and other forums.

I am going to use 2 companies as example and they are well known as bad companies on here, CRE and SWIFT. For the record I know a company that makes these two look like Gold mine.

I have driven for CRE back in 1996 and first part of 97. Is CRE a really bad Company? All depends how you look at them. The worst I hear about them on here is they push the Lease program to hard. They started that when I was driving for them as a newbie. I met guys who drove for them years and years, even some who spent their entire career with them. Though I have not worked for Swift I am sure it the same with them, they have drivers who spend a lot of time there.

Is it cause they can not go else where? No. Is it cause they like what they do, and everything works out for them? Yes.

All Companies work off a plan of somesort A business plan. And they use Policies as their guild.

The one who stays from start to finish have learn to work the system and happy with it. The one who comes on here raising cane saying they are a bad company mostly had not learn the system of that company. And yes I am Guilty of that too. If we had these boards such as this one back in mid 90's I might have done things differently and had a different results.

Solution? Take a look at yourself, your attitude, and your goals. If you go with a bad attitude, yes it going to be a bad company. Friction will araise. So you will view as a bad company. That is the mentality of most people including me. So keep a good attitude and a good outloook in life helps. Make it a goal to do well, I am sure we all do that, but thrive hard to do good. But with a bad attitude, that not going to happen.

How did I come up with all this? By being that Bad attitude who got to seeing all companies were bad and could not stay at one for any length. But it took me getting down to the lowest anyone can get to realize it. This all started by a problem I had while in the Service.

I had to spend 7 years seeking help, fighting depression, and rebuilding my life. I had to learn to forget problems, not let things bother me, and to look much deeper into things. And to be more flexible.

Since I came back out driving, I noticed my outlook has change, but yet to pay off. But not giving up. I have my goal and working toward it. Since I been back yes I worked for 4 different companies, but only quit one. One they let me go cause I could not drive from a hospital bed that I was in cause of them, and the one I quit I was making more on disability. The other 2, went out of Business. All started off treating me good, and enjoyed working for them. The one who let me go ended not paying me and all most cost me my life. I got home within 2 days of dieing. (long Story)

kaiwren986 and AfterShock Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    This is something that is often hard to remember. Particularly when the stress bears down on you, and you just can't seem to do anything that pleases your supervisor.

But it is so true. The thing you don't want to do, is jump ship and wind up working for a company that you find you like less than the one you left.

Also, in today's economy, driving jobs are not all that easy to come by. Be sure you are doing the right thing before you pull the plug!

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Quit talking about me!:biggrin_25523:

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    This is so true. And often, it is so hard to recognize in ourselves! Maintaining a good personal attitude takes work. Lots of hard work. At least it does for me.

I've had a bit of a history of starting a job and having everything going good for the first year, sometimes for the first several years. Sure, there are problems, there are things you don't like and folks you don't like to deal with, but you just sort of go with the flow.

But after a period of time, it starts to wear. Eventually, I find myself listening to the crybabies, (there are always one or two, or more) and thinking perhaps they are right. This seems to be the start of my attitude declining. Pretty soon, I get pissed over everything that doesn't go right, and the whole situation deteriorates. I have left several jobs after this has happend.

Not good.

coastie and AfterShock Thank this.
  9. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Nothing personal Aftershock... I just find it interesting you seem to do an about face from what you were supporting in another thread... and here just ridicule new drivers, most of whom only think and no what they see and read and are told... by companies and recruiters. A shame on the industry I think. At least this forum helps some.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
    mannmk7 Thanks this.
  10. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I understand.
    Duly noted.
    "Seem"to?
    How so?........
    "RIDICULED" new drivers?!!!
    WHERE?
    Should I be congratulating them? :dontknow:
    They obviously didn't do their homework, .... here at The Truckers' Report, ...... did they? :biggrin_25512:
    More than likely they went in with starry eyes, and bogus information.
    Buyer Beware.
    And I agree on both points. :yes2557:

11. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I would tend to agree with Inthewndz.

I'm not a new driver yet. I have, been doing my homework, as it's called, here at truckersreport, other websites, company websites, and at truck stops talking to truckers.

It would appear you did basicly ridiculed me, and appeared to support a company and there representitive who runs another website with the companies name on it. Even though I posted why I believed there were problems at the company for new drivers. This took place on the Prime Inc forum on this website if anyone would care to look.

In that argument I pointed out what I discovered while doing my homework.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.