Allen Lund CO is lying scum

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MayaLogistics, Feb 24, 2021.

1. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Hmmm rates cheap, I haul for them and
    Just the last 3 loads have been right around $2.85 a mile range average. Deal with 1 person with them and she treats me fair.

broncrider and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Sometimes, it's an honest mistake. Customer will get the wrong weight from the shipper, there may be something different with the unit in question versus what the broker knows, fat fingers, etc.

Sometimes, it's the same reason that carriers get away with, "I blew a turbo," when it's pretty clear they either had taken your load a sandbag, or someone else offered them something 'better'. It's not necessarily worth the time and effort on our end to verify that a carrier did indeed fall off because of mechanical issues, or if there was something else going on. Shady stuff happens. It's not limited to the broker side, nor the carrier side.

4. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    If it happens once or twice in a great while I can understand a mistake. If it’s happening fairly regular, then another one I won’t do business with

5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    We used them guy's back in the 80s when i was leased to Schanno , loads were always heavy , loading out of the Southwest.
    Didnt they hatch when a couple guys with a thick customer book departed CHR.

6. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    Here I am with my 34,000# reefer trying to work out the problem?

7. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

I hual for ALC a lot, best rates out of my home 20 that I can find consistently...I'd chalk this up to a 1 time mistake. In 18 months of hualing their stuff (up to 23 loads a month) I've had 3 that were heavier than they knew. And the rate has always been what I wanted.

don't let a bad 5 minutes ruin your day bud

jason6541 Thanks this.
  8. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

Lol...me too
    2 of my trucks are 37k (dry van or reefer) empty

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Sorry but if someone tells me that the load is 30,000 but it actually weighs 46,000 that is a major discrepancy,especially if you’re running around states that enforce bridge law (California,Michigan,Maryland,Pennsylvania,
    Rhode Island,Florida). Quite a few times I’ve had loads where the shipper weighs the load but they don’t take into account the PALLETS put on to support the load-And I’ve taken those suckers back to get reworked,especially if I know the scale houses will be open!
    So far to date I haven’t had a single overweight ticket,nor do I plan to have one because somebody else screwed up on the math!! I’ve got other (and better)things to spend my money on!!;)

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  10. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Just had my first bad experience with them. Showed up to shipper on time
    In bowling green KY. Waited in dock 9 hours got bills stamped with in and out times. E mails saying they would pay detention. Now they are refusing to pay detention. I have hauled several loads for them before never ran into this problem. Escalating higher up the chain. See If I can’t get somewhere. But yeah they are pieces of crap

11. ajamess91

ajamess91 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was just passing by, and saw this thread, and was reminded of my experience with them/

I booked a load with them for the first (and only) time a few months ago. When I got there, the shipper told me the load wasn't going to be ready for at least several hours, and they had made this clear to the broker. This was news to me, as Allen Lund told me it was ready to be picked up at any time.

So while I waited I read through the broker agreement I had signed, and found that accessorials had to be in writing on the rate con. Since there weren't any on the rate con, I drafted a strong addendum to the rate con that covered detention and layover and sent that over, gave him the option of signing it or issuing a tonu. Of course he refused both options. So I told him to find another truck.

I just deadheaded home for the weekend. I might have waited, even though he lied about the load being ready. But the fact that he expected me to sit there for an undetermined amount of time with no detention pissed me off.

I didn't bother billing them for the tonu I knew wasn't going to be paid, so I just added them to my list of brokers not to do business with.

jason6541 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.