Almost all Walmarts now don’t allow truck parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I think that Walmart has a responsibility to provide a staging area, like so many other DCs do. I myself don’t need it. Considering the ELD and the Company Drivers need to stay compliant, I think it would streamline things, even benefit Walmart. The result is Trucks parked nearby in places they shouldn’t be. It’s ultimately the Drivers fault. Still I see it a lot, especially at certain DCs. Trucks parked on a small shoulder on a tight 2 lane, in front of someone’s house. Really bothers Me, but not my problem. It’s up to the Locals. DCs are located in mostly impoverished areas. I really think they’re exploiting the area. Just Business I suppose.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think the first and most important question would be...

"when was it that Walmart even became a truck stop"?

it is private property, the grounds are not as fortified for the extreme weights of trucks and trailers, most likely only the loading dock area is.

have you ever seen the black top dug up from the heavy truck weights?

i have.

yes, for sure, the people that shop there make up a lot of trash too, i know i have seen, tv boxes, baby stroller boxes, you name it, i too have seen it.

but the "average 4 wheeler" is NOT leaving bags full of poop or bottle bombs of urine either.

good for maybe not walmart to stop truck parking, but the ownership of the shopping mall.

they are sick and tired of the low life truckers dumping human waste on thier properties.

4. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Perhaps its time for a thread of friendly establishments with truck parking? Our Austin, MN Walmart allows trucks, even overnight. They just ask that the trucks park at the west end of the lot (by the liquor entrance) out of the way of the masses. Its actually easier in/out that way from the rear of the store, rather than fighting all the mouth-breathers in the 4-wheeler lot up front. If you pull it up on google maps satellite imagery, you can definitely see what I mean about easier. There is also an excellent Chinese Buffet (China Star) and Mexican Restaurant (El Patron) in the shopping center next door for a good meal.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Moosetek13, buddyd157 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Or quit drinking booze, maybe... :biggrin_2554:

JoeyJunk and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    The one in Sidney NE is a pretty bad on the truck parking side

Trucker61016 and bzinger Thank this.
  7. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Every Home Depot and Lowes has docks and receiving opens at like 0700 l believe.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  8. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    Maybe mentioned in all the posts but this gives them any reason to tow you and some cities have ordinances

buddyd157 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    The Walmart off i81 in West Virginia allows parking even though there's signs saying no semi parking.....they never bother truckers

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  10. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    There's a Walmart in Kansas somewhere that actually made the curbing so you intentionally run over the corner and can park....never seen a curbing made for rolling over...

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  11. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    The first time I went to the Walmart in Gallup in 2014, I parked on the side street between WM and Home Depot and I was the only one there. I thought "This is a nice, quiet place to park." Fast forward to a month ago when I parked there. The truck parking area on the west side was filled, the side street between WM and Home Depot was filled, and there were even trucks parked in the lot where the four-wheelers park. I'm thinking something has to give there. There's probably going to be parking restrictions coming soon.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.