Almost all Walmarts now don’t allow truck parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Mar 20, 2022.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Dude, she was not serious. She was hot for you and you blew it. Your opportunity to let her know why the sleeper is needed was gone like dust in the wind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    In Walmart parking lots, people:

Sell puppies
    Have sex
    Dump hazardous waste
    Have babies
    Get shot and killed
    Get kidnapped
    Have boulder dragging contests with their DOT bumpers

The list goes on and on. Waiting for someone to get married there.

4. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Sure they do.

You just gotta go park by where the trucks back in :)

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  5. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Imagine being a store manager and having to send a hard to retain employee out to pick up after truckers EVERY morning and throughout the day. God forbid the absolute nearest garbage can get full. I cant blame them one bit for not allowing trucks to overnight.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    There's a few local Walmarts near me I park at frequently. But the flip flops and **** bottle cowboys need not apply.

bentstrider83 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    That's what we call intelligent design and not "the boss just hit the crack pipe let's pour 3ft tall curbs"
    Many areas feature sloped/rounded curbs when they expect vehicles pulling trailers or just longer vehicles in general to be visiting.

There are places out there where I can't even avoid the curb in a lwb pickup let alone pulling any sort of trailer.

JoeyJunk, Trucker61016 and JolliRoger Thank this.
  8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Walmart in Tupelo, MS, bought open field land west side of N. Gloster St,/US145. Went back about 200 feet, made a cross drive it's width. Then built a full width and deep huge parking lot. A far left back corner, built a Sam's Club. Far right back corner, built a Walmart Super Center. Since then, frontage 1st 100 feet is full of restaurants, cell phone companies,I Hop etc. Second 100 feet is nearly full of TV, furniture, other retail. Gap between Sams and Super Center has been filled with Tuesday Morning, Jo Annes, and other shopping. This area described is across the highway from the Barnes Crossing Mall,(largest in North Mississippi) and is a self contained shopping center itself.
    All this for this..It is generally accepted and known; based on knowledge from real estate people here, that the sale of the out parcels has more than paid for the land, Sam's building, Walmart building, the Murphy Fuel Station.
    This practice (to a smaller extent) has stood them well in many other southern state locations.

JoeyJunk and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  9. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Man cuts a fine line; quality standards, only 10-15%. :eek::eek:

bentstrider83 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Actually, it is probably 10-15% that are actually bad - if even that.

But that few percent make it bad for the rest of us.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Although, I did notice something at our Inver Grove Heights terminal the last time I was there - during the last few days.
    Not a terminal anymore, just a drop lot.

Trash all over the place.
    Granted, Swift should provide some more trash containers there, but... really?
    If I had a bag of trash when I was there, I would simply pull in to the Pilot 1/4 mile away (on my way in or out) and throw it into a trash can.
    There were trash bags all around my truck when I got back today that were not there 3 days ago.

It's the same with Walmart.
    If I have trash it will go into a trash can, or I will keep it until I pull into a place that is more convenient.

Why litter trash bags around the lot for no other reason than being too lazy to do it correctly?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.