Almost all Walmarts now don’t allow truck parking

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Mar 20, 2022.

1. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    I watched 4 trucks get towed out of a walmart in Omaha 2 weeks ago. Idiots drove right past the no truck parking signs. Then got mouthy when they were asked to leave. So the store called the cops and the wreckers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shredder152

shredder152 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2021
    This is it right here.

Before I got into trucking, I worked security at malls which had WalMart stores in them. Truckers would always park in the mall lot - despite signs clearly saying No Truck Parking. I'd ALWAYS get an argument from truckers that "WalMart says we can park in their lots". I'd always reply "Sure, IF WalMart owns the lot - which they DO NOT! They only rent retail space in the mall! You either move your truck elsewhere or you deal with the police - who will gladly arrange to have your truck towed to impound...."

Some of the curses I got when I said that were inventive and memorable......

4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I haven't noticed any difference in wallyworld parking for trucks.

When I delivered. Had one. Called in. Walked to the door. Knocked, waited. No answer. It was windy and snowing and miserable. I went back to truck. Called in again. Told them I wasn't going to stand out there all night. I'm waiting in the truck. I fell asleep. Woke up by another driver at 4:30am. Told me I wasn't allowed to park there. I told him...I've been waiting to be unloaded since 10pm last night.
    Had another. Called in. Went to the door. No answer. Went back to truck. Called in again. This time girl said; Sorry, we only accept deliveries from xxx to xxx time. (wrong thing to say to a wallyworld deliverer) I said; Ok...you want me to tell them you refuse the load? ... She: ohhh...ummm.... i don't... ... Where are you from?... told her (right answer)... could hear her rectum tightening... she said; what are you delivering? told her...she: Well why didn't you say so! I thought you were from FedEX!
    I'm glad I don't do that anymore. So many acted like they had been on prozac since they were 12 years old.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    For me it’s just a principal thing. I know a few truck drivers not buying their groceries anymore at Walmart, isn’t going to take but maybe a penny off the bottom line for Walmart. Lol but the reason I tried to park at Walmart most of the time is because that’s where I bought all my groceries from for the first three years I did OTR. I would typically spend $500 a month on food and other supplies exclusively at Walmart. In exchange for that, I would try and park at a Walmart once per week where I could get my stuff and then stay there for the night. I don’t do it anymore because there’s too many of them that mess with truck drivers. I’m sure it makes no difference to Walmart but they don’t get my $500 a month anymore. Other stores do now. I won’t shop at Walmarts that don’t allow us to park. The transportation industry is the absolute backbone to Walmart success. That’s why they exist. It’s not that complex putting Chinese made crap on a shelf for people to buy. The stuff has to get there.

RubyEagle Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I have never had a problem parking when I was just shopping, even with the no truck parking signs.
    In and out in 30 minutes does not seem to be a problem.

But I would never assume I could park there overnight with those signs.
    As mentioned, Walmart does not own some of those places. They will tow or boot you without question, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    Complaining and siting hours of service certainly won't help.

7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    A lot of these issues where places ban trucks is simply because of the bums throwing their trash everywhere…this industry is their own worst enemy frankly…doesn’t take much to not be a bum.

8. MichaeldeanWa

MichaeldeanWa Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2024
    Another problem is that trucks block us so we can't deliver to Walmart. And it is getting worse and worse every year.
    Even when it is clear that there is just barely enough room for us to turn around and back into the docks, random trucks come in and park there and we have to wake the drivers up and tell them to move.
    Luckily, now we have trackers in our trucks that alerts the store of our arrival and if we don't come ringing the buzzer they come out and look to see why and they help us convince the tards that they need to move.
    Recently, some ####### had 4 of us in line to the street because he thought "oh good, a Walmart, I think I will take my ten". Had GM truck, Frozen truck, and me with fresh, and then a truck coming in to pick up the used oil all blocked because we could not spin around. Google Walmart burley Idaho to see how tight it is in back. Even without trucks parking there, people tear airlines just trying a normal turn around.
    I started in 2005 doing Walmarts, and this crap never happened back then.
    Now it's almost every day because the stores kicked the idiots out of the front, so now they come around to the back and park in our work areas.
    They are right now, making the truck parking worse by their self-centered attitudes.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I looked at it with Google Earth. Pretty tight back there.

If they haven't already, that Walmart should post signs that any trucks parked there will be towed - and then enforce it.
    Let the driver wake up to the noise and vibration of his truck being hoisted up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.