Alphabet (Google) trucking-invests $185 million in Convoy

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Zigzag777, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    They started up in 2015 and have been steadily growing since. From what I've read, new O/O's like the app because it doesn't matter if your authority is new or not, unlike dealing with brokers. Many also like the instant pay as soon as the signed BOL is uploaded to their system. I'll probably check it out as one more source for booking loads.

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  4. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Are you referring to Uber or Convoy? Article mentioned new $185 million investment by Alphabet (Goggle) in Convoy.

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Convoy has been around since 2015, but Alphabet recently invested in them, which means they'll probably be a big deal in the load board game from now on.

6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’ve done 2 loads using Convoy. It was easy and good customer service. I’d use them more but they don’t have a lot of reefer postings in the areas I run. I’d definitely use them again.

7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I find them annoying and very “big tech” which I don’t care for. They tried to force us into no longer getting paper checks which chaps my rear. Might be ok but then they wanted my social security number as well. Why do you need that? Also make you put in a cell number and then proceeded to call our dispatcher at 10pm over and over.

The kinda company that has zero regard for past precedent and expects everyone to fall in line with their app and big data bs.

Now that google essentially owns them it’s even more over with for me. They can go snoop in someone else’s business.

Just my opinion.

p608 Thanks this.
  8. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    I've done three loads for Convoy. The first one, I was stuck at the shipper for twelve hours, I called Convoy but got no help from them at all. Their detention is capped, I received the maximum, but it was pretty scimpy considering how long I was stuck sitting there. The other two loads went well, but I wonder how much help you would receive if something happens, like a bunch of product got rejected by the receiver or something like that.

9. Mr.Precious

Mr.Precious Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Missouri
    I have done lots of different loads for Convoy, in the beginning few years ago, they were extremely generous and easy and quick to approved your asking rates.
    Than last about half a year or so, they're changed.
    Cheap loads, very slow to approve your rates, and they're even started to call you back and negotiating your rates down.
    And customer service becomes slow to respond, especially when you're having an issue with P/U and Delivery.
    So, it's unfortunately become like most of the huge brokers companies.
    Sadly, upon one time it was my favorite number 1 broker company to work with!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.