ALREADY Fustrated With Con-way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by ZX14, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

Just curious,,where did you jump to?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Sally Ellis absolutely does not return calls. The gentleman that posted earlier that he was having problems with her was correct regarding his concerns about her. I had the same problems with her; she never, ever returned any of my calls. Ever. Tell you what; go and PHYSICALLY ask a Conway driver how he or she feels about the company.

4. ZX14

ZX14 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2012
    "Sitting here" was a rhetorical term. As I stated, I've called and left several messages and one of my classmates did go and track her down on behalf of all of us. So, I didn't think it necessary for each one of us to do so.

You see, I take people at their word and allow them the opportunity to keep it.

Oh, and BTW on the two occasions when someone else in Safety picked up her phone they said that they didn't know anything about this situation and couldn't help me. So, I asked to be put into Ms Ellis' voicemail and left her more messages that went unanswered.

I really hope you're mistaken about that because Ms Ellis told us we'd be paid layover pay. If that's not going to happen, then that's another lie we were told.

I'm sure she's great. However, since I don't know her, all I have to go on is how she's handling this situation. And she hasn't done so very professionally thus far.

I never said that at all. Perhaps you should go back and read what I did actually write before attempting to insult me.

I don't have to have any OTR experience at all to know that not returning phone calls and making promises that you don't keep is unprofessional and demonstrates a lack of integrity.

That's true in ANY business.

A few of us have already planned to do exactly that.

Thanks. I look forward to meeting you someday!

5. TooGroovy

TooGroovy Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    Conway is offffffff my list "administratively" of course; nothing personal, and I hope Ms. Ellis and Co. get every single thing coming to them. KARMA being the vicious FEMALE WOLF she has proven to be throughout human history -- please don't believe me and have a full experience as I have.

6. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

Like me? another multi year driver

another hand new to the company?,sure I talk to them,,,no I go out of my way to talk to all i come accross,actually try to help you make it here with a a lil sage advice(never try to BS you honestly)

7. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

No intent of insult,,,by me

Once youve been assigned to a truck and dispatched you will receive layover,,(maybe they will give you an advance,might want to pursue that if you need peso's)

And with no sarcasm intended,dont rely on others to take care of your personal business("one other classmate went on behalf of the rest of us),,your out of the classroom now,,,thats why i said follow up in person(meaning you for you) and address these "concerns" you have
    Dont succumb to "well this is what i herd" crowd,,,you will suceed if you personally take care of your own business

I know its frustrating to be sitting

Ive been here at CWTL 10 years,I used to be a finisher,I know what you and your "classmates" are going thru be patient,cause once you do get a finisher the world will change gears quickly

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    WOW!!! What a difference a year makes!! When I started researching companies 14 months ago you couldn't find virtually any complaints on TTR about Con-way Truckload! Seems like it has become common place of late to find negative comments on the company. Has Con-way changed that much recently or did Con-way just start hiring drivers with internet access?:biggrin_25526: Just kidding of course. I have been with the company since late March of 2011. I like to call things how I see 'em, so here goes.
    First of all, as a brand new student graduate looking for a "Starter Company" to let me into the industry, I felt Con-way was my best fit. Still do. Are they strictly a starter company? No. But they are a Mega-Carrier that hires newbies, so if the glove fits............
    Are they the exact same "Top-Flight" company as CFI alledgedly was? By all accounts of the many longterm drivers I have spoken to, every single one of those drivers has told me the company is currently not up to par for drivers in comparison with the former CFI. But you know what, with this Sick economy, every other Mega-Carrier has faded as well. There are probably a few Small specialized companies out there that haven't been affected much but likely very, very few.
    I certainly have disappointments with this company, many actually, but is it really so much better elsewhere? I doubt it. Yes, it takes too long to get thru to dispatch and road service. And yes, there are several employees in both depts. that are not pleasant to deal with. There are some good ones in each dept. as well. My experience with Sally was fine and I had to wait More than a week for a trainer as the first one I was assigned too had a long list of unrealistic demands that I refused to adhere to. I took the list to Mike Wallace and Mike thought surely the list was a joke until he brought the trainer in to inquire about the list and he was dead serious. So Mike deemed us incompatable and I waited for another trainer. All but the first 48 hours of my wait, i did recieve layover pay for. (6 days @ $60 per day). Remember, payday with Con-way is always 6 days After the earning period ends. Which likely explains why you guys haven't got your layover yet. But I did not call, I hopped on the shuttle and walked thru the doors at Safety and politely made my presence felt, thats how I got results. Personally, OTR is not my cup of tea. But Tolerating 1-2 years of OTR will open some doors for me that currently are not open. So for now, it's grin and bare it.

paul_4lp, mitrucker, ECU51 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i thought i had response, and then again, it's just not worth it.:biggrin_25513:

10. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Catfish, while I am not in your position as a trainee, I am new to the company (started in October). I quickly learned for best results don't let anybody handle things for you, keep talking to people professionally and work till you get what is due you. Right now miles are low (it's that time of year + a weak economy) so it may be taking a little longer for them to get trainers free of current trainees. I came over from FFE which is a true starter company (they will teach you to get your cdl and work up from there). I sat for a week after orientation before they tried to force me into a team driving position with some random stranger.

Conway isn't perfect, I don't think any other person will tell you they are. However, in comparison to other mega fleets which hire newbies they are still far above par. Don't let a bad start destroy a good career with a company that for the most part does treat the drivers better than others I know of and have had experience with.

xlsdraw and ECU51 Thank this.
  11. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

That bottle "Scrub-Free" really worked for you,next time i see you dinner is on me:biggrin_25514:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.