Always get out and look

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by roadmap65, Sep 6, 2019.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Man......I mean.......man.......normally storms cause a power outage. Dorian destroys the Bahamas and over in this pic its Hurricanes Dumb and Dumber. That ticket/bill is gonna suck

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Its so much easier to just go around the block or keep driving until u find a big enough spaceto turn around

4. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    By looking at that trailer- I dont do vans- But isn't that Moving type trailer- like a Van Lines setup?
    Maybe they were suppose to deliuver in there.

Thats not Dock Height

5. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    By the looks of the front bumper those two drivers had issues long before their date with some power lines.

6. roadmap65

roadmap65 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    All those lines looked really low. I bring this to the attention so new drivers don’t make this costly mistake. Especially when you have a co driver that could have walked ahead.

dwells40, G13Tomcat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Nice catch, definatly looks like a moving trailer. upon 2nd glance !

Either way what a ####ty situation to be in lol

LoSt_AgAiN, FlaSwampRat and stayinback Thank this.
  8. roadmap65

roadmap65 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Exactly!!’ We we’re delivering on a dirt farm road just last week and I had her get out and walk ahead. There was one power line I was concerned about. Turned out I had plenty of clearance but I wasn’t going to take a chance.

9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Delivered somewhere south of L.A. had to take a residential street for a block to get down an alley. Low hanging wires on my side of the street, lots of height on the otherside, so I just went down the wrong side of the street. It wasn't busy at all.

D.Tibbitt, roadmap65 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The truck says Always #1 Moving and Storage so I’m thinking they were there other than to just turn around. Regardless you’d think you take a look first and see if you were going to fit.

D.Tibbitt and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  11. Collie

Collie Guest

howdy dave. Hope you having a good night.
    Just for an educational stand point. I have worked the paving industry for a good part of my life. For the first part i did as a prep foreman and now im an owner operator hauling blacktop and stone. Hey, i love driving trucks and its been a passion of mine. Make great money too. But anyhow, Theres no possible way to damage underground utilities or that black top with that load distributed through 18 wheels and long wheel base. The blacktop would have to be buckling up to the rear diffs. All these complexes and even 5 ton road restricitons have plenty of base to handle way more than 80k. Most weight restricted roads are to keep truck traffic off them unless of course there is a weight restricted bridge. Thats why its usually says unless local traffic. Heavy tiaxle trashtrucks and etc are allowed access on a daily basis. HAve had to deliver 160k gross machines on 5 ton roads. They dont make so much as a crack in the black top. Underground utilities and storm water have to be well below subgrade before there is even stone or fabric layed. When paving that apartment complex, they had triaxles loaded close to 80k with blacktop lined up for the paver sitting on unpaved modified and had there lift axles up ridin on 10 wheels with no weight distribution.
    Like i said, just commenting for an educational stand point.

dwells40, jammer910Z, not4hire and 4 others Thank this.
  12. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Along with the words SOB, Grab, Get, GIT etc.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.