Am i been blacked balled? Am I? I think i Am!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stylez80Nine, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Never said I didn’t mind working my way up I didn’t know this is how it works and like I said I complained and and then I’m waiting I just though I put 2 n 2 together. have a good day man stop getting all worked up

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
    Reason for edit: Bickering
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    It’s about 89% accurate most of the time I just didn’t know it would be so much waiting.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Complaining about miles won't get u know where , there's 100 other drivers complaining about miles, u need to tell the boss ur going to help him out and do him a favor on this ####ty run , but he needs to return the favor in the future, a good honest company will do that . but u have to have the work ethic to bust ur ### for the company if ur gonna talk like that. but then again u have less than 3 months experience so u shouldn't be complaing about anything in any industry , that is not enough time to be able to think for urself. , I'm not sure what ur trying to get out of this industry ? Freight is slow sometimes it's part of the game

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
    Reason for edit: Quote edited
    Lepton1 and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Gentleman, I closed this thread temporarily while I cleaned up the name calling, insults, and bickering. I'm going to open it back up but if the bickering, etc resumes, I will close it for good.

If you have a problem with a member, either choose the IGNORE button or report him/her so we can deal with. Do not be a vigilante and deal with the problem yourself.

Lepton1, Trucker61016, roshea and 4 others Thank this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Calm down and listen for a minute.

From what I read, I'm assuming you have worked 3 months or less with the Pumpkin? If I misread, my apologies.

Any new job, and I mean ANY, there's a honeymoon phase. Everyone is polite, disagreements are rare, and fixed quickly. This all changes once the honeymoon is over.

Then you enter the button pushing stage. You'll do things to push each other's buttons, testing the waters to see how far you can take it, and what's tolerated. This may last a while.

Then comes the loyalty test. After they know how to push your buttons, they'll do it in order to see how loyal you are. If you don't quit, or stray from the marriage, then you enter the old married couple stage of employment.

They know your quirks, you know theirs. And you tolerate it. And complain about it. And they do the same. But they'd never fire you, and you won't quit.

Sounds cheesy, don't it? But I've seen it in every job I've ever had.

You're just out of honeymoon stage by the sounds of it. The chances of you staying with the Pumpkin until you've reached the married couple stage is about zero. But you gotta stay long enough to gain some experience.

3 hours waiting for a load? In reality, that's really nothing. I've waited as much as 8, and yes, I was cranky, and I'll never do it agiain. But I realized #### happens.

Dont worry about the truck. As long as your truck does the job, and isn't broke down every week, why worry over it? It's just a truck. Don't trash it, keep it clean, and sooner than later someone will take notice. Then you get a new one. Honestly, having a new truck is overrated anyway.

If you're still reading this, request a sit down with your dispatcher, and politely air your concerns. If they don't change, keep doing your job as well as you can, and start looking for your next job. Don't tell them, until you've been hired elsewhere.

jammer910Z, TripleSix, Lepton1 and 8 others Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I apologize

jammer910Z, Lepton1 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    You can complain all you want, about whatever you want, but you need to do it in accordance with the rules, policies, procedures, and regulations of this forum.

Lepton1, buddyd157 and REO6205 Thank this.
  9. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    Appreciate this long ### msg but ur right and I’ve bee. Over the truck I’ve gotten everything i need lol and I already spoke to her and that’s why I made the post and I really didn’t know u could go hrs with out a load but again thanks and I’m staying till I get the experience I need if things don’t get better

Attached Files:

Just passing by Thanks this.
  10. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    Again I didn’t know this part and I got into this for Maybe the same reasons money and a lil bit more freedom

11. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I have never seen such a true post on this forum. Good post.

rbrtwbstr, Lepton1 and stylez80Nine Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.