Am I out of a trucking job in general?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jdaviid21, Jan 20, 2020.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    They fired you on rolling slowly through a stop sign? Pfffffffffffft thats a new one. Has to be more than that. Like the company is in dire straights.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Coffey and Mooseontheloose Thank this.
  4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Dac means nothing be lucky you got out of a surveillance state.

Mooseontheloose and Mike2633 Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  6. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Wanna come run flatbed?

Send me a private message if you want. Dallas based, mon-fri home on the weekends, good pay. No bs things that you deal with, with megas. And my employer has been around longer than most of them.

88228822, Coffey and Mooseontheloose Thank this.
  7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    None of them are going to throw a flag for rolling through a red light or stop sign. Something else had happened...

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't see this as enough to fire.

Something else is going on. Yelling? Certainly but not firing.

I run my own cameras thank you very much. I don't cotton to surveillance state in that tractor too much.

I think the terrain incline up or down is a bit thin. I tell you why. First its known to you. you stop at a sign, light or whatever. If you know whats coming up to go down a vertical incline or climb a wall to heaven afterwards, you would have had that tractor in a gear ready for battle up or down after its time to go. Otherwise you are just blowing it. The signs etc. Who cares about the incline.

In addition no one cares if you are stressed, distracted but they definatly will be all over you playing on that pod cast you snuck in there. Along with blowing the ELD required HOS 30 minute break. Even I know about this rule and I aint been under HOS for 20 years. We did not have that in our time. We do now. Shrugs.

If we all cried and hid under our skirts over silly hills every time we are confronted with one then that is a poor excuse. That is the basis of my position that something else is going on.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I chose to stand against them. I see it as a enforcement tool. It does nothing but discard bad drivers. Or drivers who have had bad days or whatever else.

Once in a blue moon those cameras can record something thats pretty impactful. I remember TTR had a wreck where a tanker came apart around a trucker who was recorded holding onto his precious cell phone near the shifter as parts of the truck and trailer came flying off the unit. If they can prove that phone was a distraction then he's gone. If not also fined etc.

Thats why I see cameras by companies as being against their own drivers. They don't give a #### for good things that might come up or give out school gold stars or whatever, but they will be quick to fire, dismiss, suspend or otherwise remove a driver who appears not able to be stringent and like a machine never having a violation. Some people cannot be expected to be good drivers in that kind of unblinking environment at which at any moment because she bounced too hard you can lose everything and then be denied unemployment and so on.

I would be one to buy my own camera and put it there. A couple more rearward and side if need be. I'll do that all day long. Its not for the company benefit unless I am accused of something that did not happen and can be proved by GPS, date time etc. (And speed) etc.

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It looks like the 21st Century tracking "Big Brother" got you. You are hirable. Just remember you were officially fired. This means when a possible new carrier complies with 391.23 they are going to ask you why you were fired. I suggest telling the full unvarnished truth. If this new carrier tracks like US Express does they may not hire you. Your career is far from over. there are drivers driving today that have multiple rollovers. I know of one that has had a DUI within the last 7 years. Some of these carriers are looking for drivers so bad they will hire you on the spot. Now, my comments are made assuming you are being 100% truthful for the reason you were fired. Keep pounding the pavement, you will land a new job. I do offer one more suggestion. Watch those lights, pay attention when around them, get your mind off anything other than the driving. I would also review the Smith System on how to approach them.

11. joe1971

joe1971 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    CLE Transportation Company | Welcome To CLE Transportation Company

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.