Amazon Dedicated

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SquidTax, Oct 15, 2015.

1. SquidTax

SquidTax Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I'm looking for a company that has an account with Amazon. I'm looking for a dedicated fleet out of it. I live in Georgia. I ran with Amazon briefly with my previous company Total Transportation of Mississippi and loved it! Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    So why'd you leave?

4. SquidTax

SquidTax Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I got sick and had to get out of the truck for about 3 months... First 3 days into my 4 week hospital stay my insurance was terminated and position no longer. Tried to fight it but wouldn't have done much good at the time

5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Good answer.

I can't help you on Amazon frieght trucking.
    I have been past a few of their "Fulfillment Centers" and notice they have some of their own equipment....but most of the trucks I seen backed into docks were LTL carriers.

6. SquidTax

SquidTax Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Right... that's all that hauls for them... They don't have a in house... Just LTL outsource

7. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Are you talking about inbound to Amazon or outbound from Amazon?

SquidTax Thanks this.
  8. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    I pick up Amazon loads practically everyday over in Robbinsville, NJ. I never really asked how operations work, but from what I've seen, Amazon doesn't have their own fleet. USPS, UPS, an Fed Ex have the own dedicated docks. Practically every big name trucking company you can think of picks up loads there. A lot of LTL companies as well. The only people I see on a regular basis is from USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex, so I would imagime apply to one of the 3.

9. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Schneider is often advertising for dedicated Amazon accounts. Check out there website and see if one is available near you. They make it so you can enter your state or zip code to search. Pretty handy.

unloader

Drivingotr4life Thanks this.
  10. tolson

tolson Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Amazon is very complicated. Postal service fed ex and UPS have all the outbounds...be careful with any companies claiming dedicated Amazon this time of year, they are probably Full truckloads going to Fed EX or UPS... There is not a lot of full truckload freight that goes in. Once the holiday volume drops off The Megacarriers are bye-bye.

Amazon dies in January and February...

Last year we did 80% of the outbounds from Amazon at the USPS primarily because UPS and Fed Ex had it so screwed up in 2013.

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  11. DDRdan

DDRdan Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Western express is gonna be running Amazon for the holiday season.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.