American Central Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BurntJergens, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BurntJergens

BurntJergens Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Came to American Central Transport (ACT) back in October of 2012 and have enjoyed every minute of it since. After about 5 months I decided to try their lease program after many positive feedback stories from drivers at ACT. Haven't looked back and enjoying my time here.

itsttime, Lonesome and Puppage Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    trying for that recruiting bonus are ya ?

4. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Lol yeah that million dollar question goes way back.

5. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    I wonder how many empty trucks they have now with the new policy of driver facing cameras? Absolutely stupid decision on their part.

6. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    Tons of them! So many they have lots of newer ones at Kenworth for sale. I left a month ago and have never been happier

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  7. omarthebear

omarthebear Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    Kujo, why did you leave and where have you landed?

8. omarthebear

Aug 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    There's a driver with the balls to sign his name...way to go BurntJergens!

itsttime Thanks this.
  9. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    I left for several reasons. Money not being one of them. That's the only thing I can say is i consistently made a decent check. But if I'm going to list my reasons here they are
    1) Back in November or so i turned down a single load (not load offers) and they refused to pay my deadhead after.

2) Micro managing the company was getting worse and worse about trying to smother the drivers. If they want to drive them so bad get out of the office and do it yourself.

3)They announced they were putting front and driver facing cameras in all trucks.

There are more reasons but they were trivial and just added to my loathing of the company.

As for where i went i decided to try flatbed due to wanting to lose weight and get back in shape. I can to Anderson trucking service (ATS) i make more money and enjoy it a lot.

10. omarthebear

Aug 10, 2012
    Kentucky
    Well I'm sorry to hear had a bad experience...I've been the almost a year and while I'm not crazy by the camera idea I've had a good experience...never had a problem after turning down a load...good luck at your new company...

itsttime Thanks this.
  11. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    Lol a bad experience? I was there three years before I'd had enough. I went through 3 dispatchers. 3 heads of operations. More office employees came and went then i can count. Like i said I've never been happier with a decision then the one to leave there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.