America's Service Line - Private fleet for American Foods Group - Green Bay, WI

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by volvo244t, Aug 12, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    RF choke at the antenna feedpoint should eliminate the noise from inside the cab.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woobie

Woobie Medium Load Member

May 3, 2013
    RVA
    Do they run Thermoking or Carrier reefers? Could you give us some details on accessorial pay (detention, breakdown, layover, etc.)?

4. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    We have Carrier units exclusively, our trailers are kept in extremely good shape and I have not had any reefer issues. Every trailer has to go through the inspection line when it comes into the yard, and if there are any issues, on the repair line it goes.

I'll have to look in the handbook for the breakdown pay as it's been awhile since I needed it. Detention is (as of 1/1/17) $20/hr, guaranteed on company loads and after one hour. Not guaranteed on backhauls, but still $20/hr, and starts after 2 hours.

Stop pay... $6 for first pickup and final delivery (even if they are the only pickup/delivery) and $25 for all in between... if you have multiple stops within a certain radius of each other (think it's 250mi? don't quote me until I look it up) and they aren't all on the same day, you get an automatic $200.

As of 1/1/17, you are guaranteed $1200 minimum as long as you don't go home during the pay period and pickup/deliver all freight on time. I've only had a couple weeks in the time I've been here that this would've made a difference, they do try to keep you rolling as much as possible, and to that end they are not afraid to deadhead the F out of you. (and yes, loaded/DH paid the same)

Bonuses, up to $750 a quarter. Used to have to run 28,500 miles in the quarter to get it, no minimum now according to my DM.

This is my year end with them from mid-May, with a couple bad months due to being new to the company and a recurring APU issue early on, plus a weak December due to needing a fair bit of time at home.
    Screenshot at 2017-02-04 22:30:39.png

Month of January is all that's on 2016 yet, with 5 days at home due to having to get my license renewed over MLK weekend and not being able to make it down there by close Friday (my own fault, couldn't find birth certificate)
    Screenshot at 2017-02-04 22:35:18.png

Almost 11k despite 5 days at home... and this is at a time of year when most companies are slowing down big-time... you can't shake a stick at that.

5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Wow that is awesome pay.

6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Just on the mileage vs pay for mileage you get over 50 cpm

Add in the stop pay/drop pay/etc compared to the total hours worked and you are right at $30 per hour

*If I'm understanding your settlements correctly

7. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Do you ever get to Florida ? I know they have (or did have) a location in the Polk City/Lakeland area..

Is the company going to all automatics or is that just the Kenworths ?
    What are the trucks governed at ?

Thanks

8. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    I do go to Florida and we have a couple guys that live down there. We occasionally even go to Miami.

We have a drop trailer at Florida Beef in Alachua but that is not our facility.

Trucks are governed to 67.

9. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    do you have hazmat? i'm so tired of the hoops to jump through when renewing......i'd love to tell them to stick their hazmat . well you know.......lol

Protein Hauler Thanks this.
  10. volvo244t

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    We do not haul hazmat. Our trailers don't even have placard holsters.

1catfish Thanks this.
  11. mykeys88

mykeys88 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Do you run the East coast much ? New York, Jersey

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.