Amhof Trucking, Eldridge Iowa

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Nahbrown, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
    BLUF: My wife and I worked at Amhof for a year and were treated fairly and with respect. This is a wonderful company that we wouldn’t hesitate to return to if our plans don’t work out.

This is a sub 100 truck, Family company near Davenport Iowa that run dry van & open deck (all kinds) from Iowa to all over the South, Midwest, East & Southeast. OTR drivers run 5-6 days a week and weekend reset at home. Many drivers will get a night at home during the week. drop and hook in the yard and live unload/reload once out. There is a team of local drivers that keep the yard full of loads and deliver the reloads brought back by OTR drivers. Some drivers would be considered regional if you wanted to be technical.

Equipment, tractors are swapped out of OTR at 500k and used by local drivers. In 2023 Amhof bought 10 new Freightliners. Amhof has its own maintenance shop and maintains their trucks. We always received immediate attention if it was needed, even after hours one night.

I will add more later regarding pay and time off when I have time

Kyle G., Lonesome, Opus and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
    Amhof part two

Pay is decent,
    $.52 per mile unloaded
    $.57 per mile loaded dry van
    $.58 per mile flatbed
    You can find better, you can find worse But any time we spent more than two hours at a receiver or shipper they were submitting for us to get detention pay.

This bears mentioning as well. All the dispatchers are available as soon as you walk in the door. There is no anonymity between the drivers and the dispatch And you are literally face-to-face with them anytime you go in to pick up your paperwork. It’s probably one reason why I never felt like we were pulling on different ends of the rope at Amhof. Did they always find a reload right away for us? Most of the time, yes, and the times that they didn’t they Communicated very well with us to let us know what they were doing to try and get us back home ASAP. Once we were sent home Empty from Tennessee to Iowa because it was the end of the week they couldn’t find anything that was worth the time to do.

My wife and I drove a 5-2 Schedule. If they sent us out on Sunday, then they brought us home Thursday. Unless we had something scheduled, we would let them decide whether we were going out Monday or Sunday. Which ever worked out best for the companys need that week. Amhof Reciprocated by never Once pushing back on any of our doctors appointments or family commitments.

Amhof was our first employer in the trucking industry And they made it an easy transition for us.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
    Opus, Speedy356, hotrod1653 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.