Ammunition and Explosive load rates

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Otr Traveler, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Otr Traveler

Otr Traveler Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2020
    For those of you who are running A&E loads are y'all busy? What's the lowest rate per mile at 400 miles or better one way that you're getting?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TX2Day

TX2Day Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2023
    Texas
    Most are contracted not discuss anything about the transaction. Hence your cricket post.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

I doubt seriously that anyone...anyone who knows what he's talking about...will answer your question. We haul for DoD occasionally and there are non disclosure agreements in place.

5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    If they tell ya, they gotta kill ya.

Nahbrown, Crude Truckin' and TX2Day Thank this.
  6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    The only way to find out the rates is to befriend a rogue US Marshall.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    They're too busy washing and waxing their Black Helicopters.

TX2Day Thanks this.
  8. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)

Heres a couple videos that may answer some of your questions.

We have friends that haul AA&E. They sit more waiting for the loads however as a team they grossed over 600k on 110k miles last year. Quality loads , not Quantity.

There are about 18 companies that do this, I recommend you call ATS, They were very informative when I talked to them.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    Otr Traveler and TX2Day Thank this.
  9. Otr Traveler

Nov 19, 2020

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked this question is because I saw an military BOL on an A&E load from Ft.Campbell KY to Ft Liberty, NC for $2880.00 on 600 miles ,not going to say who the carrier is but for myself that's a real regular rate to me as part of team and we don't have a DOD clearance. Right now that was a good rate considering where freight is for most. Being that I'm an established team operator with contacts I have the ability to negotiate higher rates even in this horrible environment. Not being facetious but on 1074 mile load I'll set my rate for $8000.00 on a team load, get it and it's not even DOD/A&E and we don't sit around either. It's possible that the agent couldn't negotiate a higher rate as well. If this is the case on DOD load revenue per year I'm really surprised. We run back to back with both drivers fairly close to hitting their 70 hrs on ELD every week out and do separate hotel rooms on the weekend to properly relax before the next week and do a 34 hr reset. We do take off a week to keep from burning out. We are truly blessed to have the connections that we have however I have been doing this for 14 years though..

10. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Hauling DoD loads is VER-RY DIFFERENT from hauling most other freight.

The expectations & standards are different; you must operate/think on a "higher" level.

Understand these different expectations & protocols -- before you jump in the DoD world with both feet...

-- L

TX2Day Thanks this.
  11. Otr Traveler

Nov 19, 2020
    BTW,the loads we do are legal,not oversized..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.