An Interview With a Truck Drivers

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by tucker, May 23, 2017.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    truckerman75103 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I see a lot of negativity in there. I don't understand why so many people do this job if they hate it. You are not "trapped," if you don't like it go do something else.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    No disrespect intended. But it's not that easy. For myself I started driving at 21 years old, 3 years after high school. When you have been in it as long as I have (26 years) , speaking for myself, I hate it every single day. The job I have now ,as far as pay and benefits I wouldn't trade it for nothing. One of those I love my job but hate the road things more and more every day.

After the first 4-5 years it's just the same old daily grind. No life , everyone you use to know and hang out with has done forgot about you, health...... well we can blame that on no-one but ourselves, we do have choices.

My thoughts are, if I could make the same money I make now and work someplace like mcd' s or a piano player in a ##### house I would leave this industry in a heartbeat. And again I love the JOB I have now but hate being on the road

Longarm, DTP and gokiddogo Thank this.
  5. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    But I guess I never did answer the question as to why I stay in it did I ?

Because like many my age and older I have been in it too long with no other skill set to fall back on. That's why I advised anybody that is young enough to find something else go to school get in education. Although I make real good money now, it's not all about the money. Well for me getting older it is now. But you have heard it said time and time again,.... this is a lifestyle one that very few can tolerate for any length of time. When you have been in it as long as I have or even those that have been in it longer than me and are older than I am it's a little too late to change now. There is actually nothing else for us. So we make the best of it for the length of time we have left

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.