An iPhone question

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Moose1958, Apr 30, 2022.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I would assume it’s a one off random event. But worth keeping an eye on for a bit. Strange for sure.

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I know verizon has been having all kinds of issues. I cut my 5g off and switched it back to 4g.

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Ainigriv Notpmah
    The biggest issue going on with Verizon currently is they are removing 3G. My iPhone stays on LTE most of the time.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  5. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    Yea I turned off auto 5g. I got a 13 mini and the 5g drops too many times

6. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Ainigriv Notpmah
    I think I solved the issue. Keri's Army guy is here and one of his sisters is an Apple tech. He called her and went through some settings. I had location for time and date off. This is why when I was in time and date I kept getting that * that circled. Now location is on for the time zone and it is showing properly. Somehow an app or something set my phone back to pacific time and location could not fix it.

Rideandrepair and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If you are in a spot with no service with verizon. Then get a text message. You might not actually receive that message for as much as a month. Most often it’s a week or two later. I saw a month at least once. I don’t verizon anymore.

8. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    Ikr. I have done about had it with Verizon myself

9. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Ainigriv Notpmah
    I have been using Verizon now since 2013 and never had an issue with missing an SMS message while out of tower range. In fact, before 2013 I was using AT&T going all the way back to the late 1990s and don't ever remember a missing SMS message. I have spoken to some friends that have mentioned they have had missing SMS messages using T-Mobile and another using U.S. Cellular. I took the time to speak to someone that does Tech work for T-Mobile and they told me that all across the US different providers either own or lease a tower. Sometimes a piece of equipment can go bad and cause all sorts of issues. I know this for a fact because one of my neighbors had an issue with getting good service from Metro because the T-Mobile tower that services this area was bad. I am not a network engineer, but the ones I have spoken to have told me there is no cell phone provider anywhere in the world that is immune from these types of problems.

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Only problem I often have, is time zone not automatically changing. Have to turn off phone. Then turn on and correct time shows. It’s stayed on central time for over a day, and 500 miles. Last week, I delivered and picked up in eastern while phone was in central. Reported all wrong times. Lol. Basically was running an hour late, didn’t realize till later that evening. I often check the weather in different cities, to tell if it’s set correctly. The times always correct for each. A separate time piece, maybe worn on a wrist. Someone should invent that. Lol.

11. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Ainigriv Notpmah
    If I were still driving OTR I would set this to manual IF I wanted my phone to stay on my home time. I asked Keri if her iPhone was changing time zones properly when she was at work and she said yes.

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted