And ... Here We Go-SMH

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I had a buddy have to get one of those things you blow in to start your car.... That's what this reminds me of

3. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

It's basically what it is.

So because people don't know how to drink responsibly, rest of us get to suffer. Feh. Guess I'll keep buying older vehicles. I have no desire or need for such things.

Just because people are stupid isn't a good enough reason for me to add a drunk check to all new vehicles. I could find a better use for 25 million bucks , an 5 years of time.

Politicians....they need to spend their time doing more then what they are. If their not bickering an acting like 2 year olds to each other, their coming up with stupid #### like this.

Dear big gov,

Piss off, I have no need for a babysitter.

;)

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

bzinger, ACO476, Coffey and 5 others Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'll pick that tube up and pour alcohol straight from the medical 90% into it. Let it choke on that. While making a video of it.

Pour the whole bottle down that thing. Tilt it good.

We are professionals, not animals.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Well technically we are mammals so...
    JFWY;)

6. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

For some reason...that struck me as really funny. lol.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Animals are people to, ya know! - Radar...from M*##S*H*.

FlaSwampRat, mjd4277 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i have said it in the past, that this sort of thing, ought to be mandatory for ANYONE that has been in a crash, or pulled over, and charged with whatever, DUI, OWI, etc,etc...

not for ALL vehicles..

as it is now, people that have been caught driving under the influence, or crashed and killed someone, basically gets a slap on the wrist.

but i also feel that the license ought to be yanked permanently as well, NO MATTER what driver's license that person has.

no need to inflict this sort of "punishment" on the rest of the motoring public

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ok they cant drive drunk but they can drive and use their cell phone. Which id much rather deal with drunk drivers than stupid idiots on their dang phone. Its getting to the point , almost every car that passes me has their frickin phone in their hand. But for some reason its so "tough" to enforce it.

Put one of them sensors in all the cars and nobody will be buying cars anymore.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i know, just a couple of days ago, some woman in an SUV was hot on my tail, and she was on her phone. i got my brakes a couple of times, she didn't seem to be paying attention

then i slowed way down...she got up and passed me......still yapping away like no tomorrow.

and we too have hand-held laws.....why?

10. NewbiusErectus

NewbiusErectus Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    then they start malfunctioning, you got 4000 lb paper weights, people losing attendance bonuses, missing kidney dialysis appts, court dates, etc, etc. One more thing to break, like neutral switches, sensors etc. And of course those things always happen at the worst possible time.

Then you’ll get the typical shoulder shrug response from manufacturers and legislators.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.