And so my new Stevens adventure begins!

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by capper17, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I still wonder though, for the newbie who does not do this TruckersReport forum thing, (heaven forbid) where else would he/she have discovered all these training requirement details prior to orientation?

Seems to me that recruiting use to send out a 'canned' email that listed these requirements, a pay scale chart and once you were accepted into Orientation, another email that stated what you should bring.(which in my opinion is at least TWICE what you have room for!)

jimo and capper17 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bobcat Tail

Bobcat Tail Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2010
    South Texas
    Try harder... :biggrin_25525:

PikesPeak Thanks this.
  4. jimo

jimo Bobtail Member

May 3, 2013
    middle Georgia
    Maybe they did that at one time, but I've not seen such a list. Even my "knowledge" of the pay scale comes from info in this forum.
    Yeah, and what to bring - it's easy to believe about bringing too much, which is at least partially confirmed by one of capper17's posts. On the positive side, maybe they just don't want to chance your freezing your ##### off while driving through the mountains.

5. wannabe trckin again

wannabe trckin again Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2014
    capper17, I must say this was one of the best and most informed thread I have read on traing . I've been torn and confused as a lab rat as to what to expect . Been researching for several months as to obtain cdl's . School mill or company based program . Granite they all have their ups and downs , but the info was outstanding .

Will be bustig 50 this year and tbh i am burnt out in construction . I drove for a couple of years back in 89 and 90 .
    Was raised in trucking , my whole family was in trucking . My granddad had us playing grease monkeys on his small produce fleet . They had a small fruit stand along the high way . Shoot back then he would pick up watermelons straight out of the fields and spent several summers at a farmers market with my dad selling them straight out of the trailer lol. Be that as it may most of his grandsons the six of us followed him into the business. Cept me , my smaller brain kicked in and let my wife dictate my career . Well she is gone along with other things , should have stayed in the truck . Hindsight is so so late in life !! (did get a beautiful daughter that i have raised )

Sorry got off track there , with this thread and all the others I've been following stevens training seems a lil more intense. Last truck I drove was a ford ltl 9000 with a condo sleeper , pulled a 48 ft dry box . But that was a loooong time ago . Back then in Alabama to be certified you drove around the block , done a straight back up and bingo you had keys and on your way lol . After reading your thread stevens has def got my attention .

I do hope you post some more as i would like to know how you start as a solo with stevens . Be safe .

bigred81 Thanks this.
  6. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Hey wannabe...trucking isn't what it use to be. But if it's in your blood, you can't say no.
    And when all is said and done, let me quote the line from Francis Michael Montani, "When you get old you don't regret the things you did in life. You regret those you didn't do."
    So go for it. You won't regret it!

KMac and wannabe trckin again Thank this.
  7. bigred81

bigred81 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I've received several emails this week listing Stevens as a hiring company paying, $40k first year and $70k after that! Does this ring true with you Stevens drivers?

8. SCT

SCT Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Portland, OR
    you bet! and with that, you get an exclusive right to buy the toll lanes on the Brooklyn Bridge!
    Figure $30-35,000 first year $35-40,000 second year. Some so better, but you'd be happier expecting less and getting more.
    $70,000 isn't mathmatically possible, much less realistic.

9. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

Wow, just got an email from Jessica @ Stevens saying I have been approved at Stevens.

Should I, or not? Maybe I'll call C R England back, and go with them. WHat to do? What to do?

10. Emulsified

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    You're posting on a Stevens thread and asking what to do?
    good grief!

11. PikesPeak

PikesPeak Light Load Member

I was being sarcastic. I have read enough here to know what NOT to do w/Stevens. Even spoke to a direct employee-that will remain nameless-saying it was not a great adventure at Stevens.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.